Snow of the Decade...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

...at least thats what our local News station is calling it, and not the first flake has fallen yet. They are calling for ~12" by 7pm tommorrow. We'll see, the kids are hopeing for it, they've never seen but a few inches at a time. Anyhow I've got the generator ready, we've got 20 gallons of water stored, dried beans and rice, canned goods, scraper on the tractor, firewood on the porch, longjohns are clean, and plenty of baccy, I think we're set. Maybe I'll just hibernate :sleep: for the next couple of months, this is an El Nina or La Nina or whatever the hell they call it year, so it's looks to be a rough winter.
Looks like a white Christmas afterall. :santa: :rendeer:

Fun for the kids, but what a mess it'll be when it melts fast (which it will in VA). You should add "rubber boots" to your list. :twisted:

LL":wk1y3yvz said:
what a mess it'll be when it melts fast (which it will in VA). :twisted:
Not in this area, they are looking for it to stick around awhile. This year in general has been cooler & wetter than the past ten years (global warming? :scratch: ). Looks like a good chance for another round Christmas eve and again about the 29th. Yee Haw!

So far, so good in Georgia, though following 2 years of drought this has to be the wettest year I've seen here (been here 7 years). Rain is forecast every day for the next week!

I went to the Food Lion parking lot for a smoke on first break from the full time job this morning and they were packed in there like sardines for some milk sandwiches :?: . It has been snowing on and off since about 8am, getting pretty thick now, so should be a very busy (and hopefully lucrative) night delivering pizzas (the part time job)! Should help pay for the order with pipesandcigars.com earlier today (100 g tin Dark Star, 4 ounces each of McC's 5120, 2010, 5105 & 5115). Forecast here is similar to EJ's.

Enjoy the snow,
Aaron

No snow yet in Raleigh, hope it stays that way. We are supposed to be right on the border of rain/snow. I went to Harris Teeter earlier today and it was empty; I guess we will all starve if the snow comes :shock:

Here in the Richmond Va. area the people are acting like a meteor was
going to strike the earth.I'm from Northern Illinois,I can't believe it all. :shock:

Winslow :sunny:

milk sandwiches,,,, :lol!:

I cleared two feet out of my driveway wednesday night, another two feet last night, now the temp is just hovering around zero,,,

not out of the norm for here, it's amusing to hear the panic when snow hits down there in the south,,,,,
kinda like when you're amused at a report of a heat wave up here,,,three days of 100 degree heat no relief in sight,,,hilarious,,,
Teach em to drive Winslow,,, :D

What is snow like? :lol!:
Here in South Africa we cannot even spell "snow"...... we just see it on tv! It sweltering here today, 35 degrees c. and not a cloud in the sky! :lol:

Winslow, I say this from the bottom of my heart man...

Don't go drive in that snow the first 8-12 hrs or so.

You think I'm joking but I am serious...

You see the problem isn't your ability, its the other guys...
Every redneck in 100 miles of your house will wreck in your yard with their 4 wheel drive... The Cops will all be in the ditch.. Don't be shocked when even the salt trucks are upside down... Otherwise intelligent people will slap their brakes, mash their gas, etc ... It gets crazy fast...

The people we are discussing really don't know what to do...

3 inch of chicago snow is totally different than 3 inch of Virginia beach snow.

Still no major snow in Toronto. And I want snow for Christmas! We have a dusting on the lawn that doesn't even cover the grass. So I'm going to go for a drive through Quebec to Prince Edward Island - tomorrow. Aught to see some snow that way!

Doug's big adventure

Packing three days clothes, PVR for the end destination, some marking to do from school, dog + dog fud, pipes and partner Linda. She'll probably bring some clothes too.

Snow is fun as long as it is on the other side of a sheet of glass!

Have a great Christmas everyone!

Winslow":h63imktt said:
Here in the Richmond Va. area the people are acting like a meteor was
going to strike the earth.I'm from Northern Illinois,I can't believe it all. :shock:

Winslow :sunny:
Yeah. They do get a bit crazy. :lol:

ftrplt":xmsnscok said:
Just peachy!!! We are driving from OKC to Maryland Monday morning!! Should be loads of fun!!!!!!!! FTRPLT
You see the irony of a career pilot with a gazillion hours who can fly pretty much any plane made in the last 50 years having to regularly drive back and forth 1100 miles on one of the country's nastiest E/W stretches, I hope. :twisted:

Must be Karmic payback for all those sonic booms you thought you got away with back in the day. :lol:

12 inches! man you southerners are sure funny. im just kidding. us michiganders and our lake effect snow. we got around 12 inches last week. no problem for driving (at least for me and my big 4x4). we got even more in the following days. and i will say right now, this winter as been a disappointment so far. I love the snow. my favorite things are done in the snow, snowmobiling, ice fishing, and even deer hunting( it is best when its cold and there is 1 or 2 feet of snow on the ground. i cant wait until the good stuff comes.

ZombieWeinerDog":auiqr4de said:
no problem for driving (at least for me and my big 4x4).

thats the problem in the South though is that everyone who has 4 wheeldrive thinks they know what they are dooing and it is a cloak of invinvcibility against the snow and ice. I experianced it myself in college, their length of experiance with those conditions is limited to once or twice every few years. I grew up near Dayton Ohio and while we dont get as much snow as further north we get enough to remind everyone the "rules". Unfortunatly with todays culture everyone ignores them. Slow down...no i have to get to that meeting right now its important. ease on and off the gass... no i have a 4X4 ill be fine. Etc etc... We have about an inch as I write this i have to leave for the airport to got to work in about 45 minutes I cant wait to see what it is like but it looks like most people are hunkering down and waiting it out which is great. I cant wait for the happ happ happiest people in the world to come through the airport today im sure it will be smiles and lollypops all around.