Snow of the Decade...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
puros_bran":0p6ic14x said:
Winslow, I say this from the bottom of my heart man...

Don't go drive in that snow the first 8-12 hrs or so.

You think I'm joking but I am serious...

You see the problem isn't your ability, its the other guys...
Every redneck in 100 miles of your house will wreck in your yard with their 4 wheel drive... The Cops will all be in the ditch.. Don't be shocked when even the salt trucks are upside down... Otherwise intelligent people will slap their brakes, mash their gas, etc ... It gets crazy fast...

The people we are discussing really don't know what to do...

3 inch of chicago snow is totally different than 3 inch of Virginia beach snow.
In my opinion, for what it's worth, 4-wheel and all-wheel drive, anti-lock brakes, and automatic transmissions have all contributed to people's current inability to drive in less than ideal conditions. When I was young, Dad taught me to use brakes sparingly and downshift to control speed on ice and snow. Now everybody thinks anti-lock brakes work just as well on snow as on dry pavement, their four wheeler will maintain traction anywhere. And, nobody understands engine compression.

We got about 8 inches here. Our power was out from about 8:00 PM, Friday, until around 1:00 PM, Monday. At that, we were fortunate. Several thousand people in the area probably won't have power and water until after Christmas, some possibly even into the New Year.
Terry