Snowy Day Favorites

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JVickers43

Reaction score
This morning I woke up to a nice bit of snow. My back yard looked like this.
snow.jpg

I got myself motivated to start shoveling the driveway with a nice pot of coffee and a wonderful morning smoke of Black Cordial. I have to thank R.A. for the sample and his suggestion that of enjoying it with some hot coffee. Couldn't have been a better start to the morning.

Got me thinking, what are peoples cold day, get me motivated tobaccos?

i was unaware until now that there was another Coloradan on BoB! good to know.

all this snow lately is...... irritating haha :x

Im cold just looking at that scene. Imagining sitting at that table trying to enjoy a relaxing leisurely smoke.... :affraid:

Some sort of ribbon cut something that requires no hands after lighting would be my call!!! :lol!:

nogbert":h71iok9n said:
i was unaware until now that there was another Coloradan on BoB! good to know.

I'm fairly new to the boards. I live in Fort Collins. I don't mind the snow but it is getting a little ridiculous.

MisterE":h71iok9n said:
Im cold just looking at that scene. Imagining sitting at that table trying to enjoy a relaxing leisurely smoke.... :affraid:

Some sort of ribbon cut something that requires no hands after lighting would be my call!!! :lol!:
Luckily I have a loving wife who doesn't make me freeze myself.

Yesterday was the first day it was just on the cusp of being too cold to take a walk and smoke. Not complaining. It's been a good Winter for smoking.

JVickers43":av9e24gz said:
I'm fairly new to the boards. I live in Fort Collins. I don't mind the snow but it is getting a little ridiculous.
im in boulder. edwards pipe shop in FoCo is pretty nice, have you checked it out?

there's nothing wrong with a little snow, it is winter after all, but this has gone on long enough haha. the snow is wearing out its welcome haha

Hi, JV.
We've had an unusually mild winter here in Michigan, but last night the lake-effect snow rolled in on a sub-zero cold front. My "shoveling pipe" this morning was filled with Blockade Runner, a sturdy, dark navy plug.

JVickers43":gripwceh said:
nogbert":gripwceh said:
I don't mind the snow but it is getting a little ridiculous.
That pisses me off! Here I am just a little East of you guys and all we've had so far this season is flurries. One morning we had about 1/4" on the ground, but it was gone by noon.

Please help a Brother out and send about a foot of that white stuff this way!

George Kaplan":ff5v5cmp said:
Hi, JV.
We've had an unusually mild winter here in Michigan, but last night the lake-effect snow rolled in on a sub-zero cold front. My "shoveling pipe" this morning was filled with Blockade Runner, a sturdy, dark navy plug.

Same situation here in NE Ohio...they said it was going to be a tough winter but it's been really, really mild. One weekend with heavy snow, otherwise unseasonably warm (all this relative..."warm" means mid 30s to mid 40s). Had about 6 inches blow in off the lake last night, too.

I shoveled with a no-frills bowl of BCAQ. After I thawed out and had a pot of tea, I enjoyed a rather large bowl Fillmore.

Parts of my lawn are still green. No kidding. We've had snow, but melts within days.

idbowman":50lv51oo said:
Same situation here in NE Ohio...they said it was going to be a tough winter but it's been really, really mild. One weekend with heavy snow, otherwise unseasonably warm (all this relative..."warm" means mid 30s to mid 40s).
I think we all talked so much about the upcoming horrible winter we scared it off. It couldn't compete with the hype. Now watch; we'll get a mid-March Snowpocalypse Death-Blizzard.

I would just smoke some Best Brown #4 and go back to bed.

I guess I'm about half way between JVickers and Rob_In_Mo; we had around 2-3 inches on the ground this morning. It's wet, though, and it's not real cold; it'll be gone soon, hopefully before I get around to scooping the drive :D !