So I did something very stupid...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave_In_Philly

Reaction score
Last night I was a bit of a foul mood while making dinner and I guess my head was elsewhere. I made chicken on the stove but finished it in the oven. After it came out of the oven I set it on the stove to cool for a bit. After I set the table I went to grab the chicken and completely forgot that it had just come out of the oven...needless to say there are now all sorts of pretty designs covering the entire palm and each finger of my left hand. I spent the rest of the night with a bottle of whiskey and a bucket of ice water.

I am stupid.

Cookie,
The next time you burn yourself go the the icebox grab a bottle of mustard and pour it on the burn it will help take the burn out and you can use the ice where it is needed, in the whiskey glass.
Best Regards
Richard

make a paste out of crushed aspirin (and aloe if you have it) works great. Or I heard raw potato makes it feel either.

Are you bragging or complaining?

Do you want sympathy or compliments?

Jim..unable to control his typing fingers.
710492.gif

PS-Events like these increase with age and it seems you will be well prepared to deal with them as long as you can laugh at them.

My sister-in-law gave me a coffee mug that shows an old man sitting on the side of the bed looking at a sign on the wall that says "Pants first, then shoes".

Dave_In_Philly":zno7olg1 said:
Last night I was a bit of a foul mood while making dinner and I guess my head was elsewhere. I made chicken on the stove but finished it in the oven. After it came out of the oven I set it on the stove to cool for a bit. After I set the table I went to grab the chicken and completely forgot that it had just come out of the oven...needless to say there are now all sorts of pretty designs covering the entire palm and each finger of my left hand. I spent the rest of the night with a bottle of whiskey and a bucket of ice water.

I am stupid.
If you're asking what blend to smoke under the circumstances, and I think you are, I would recommend something unfamiliar. That way, the accompanying befuddlement might take your mind off your boo-boo. That's what I did when I nearly hacked my thumb off cutting up cardboard for recycling. I'd recommend Paladin Black Cherry mixed with Mixture 79, at the ratio of your choosing. Drives your mind wild, along with that of any nurse in attendance. Stupidity rules, man!

Dave_In_Philly":lnwf9rlt said:
I have done this very thing several times. Minus the chicken.

I once put some food on a ceramic plate in the oven to heat it up. Set the heat to 300 deg and let it sit. When I began to smell it, out it came, with appropriate oven mitts being worn. Well, I placed it on the range, removed the glove, turned around to do something else, turned back and picked up the plate. Doh! Blisters on my fingers for over a week. :evil:

I do the same thing, but it isn't by accident, I just want to see if it's still too hot to pick up bare handed. Sometimes I'm right. :lol:

I'm the king of that kind of stuff. :king:

Leave it to me to:

Put water on to boil, forget about it, then leave the house.

Leave the cupboard door open above the sink, then bash my head in on the corner while leaning over it.

Set something plastic on the stove while it's still hot. Smells great.

Buy cream cheese, but put it in the closet instead of the fridge. Then seriously wonder if it might be okay to eat 3 days later.

Make my coffee for the commute to work, then come home to find it still in the microwave, with the Ready light still blinking on the screen.

Get sent to the grocery store by the Mrs. to pick up ONE thing and come home with everything except that. (This just happened again about an hour ago :roll: )

Last month I showed up to a rehearsal in another city only to discover it was a concert and didn't have my dress clothes. Try finding a Tux on a 25 minute break sometime.

I could increase the list ad infinitum I'm afraid..... :oops:

Dave_In_Philly":d78fbrf9 said:

I am stupid.
Welcome to my world! :cheers:
It seems as time goes on my mind seems to be slipping more and more each day and things like that are the norm here.
Its real fun around power tools, if I don't get my shop done soon there wont be much left of me to use it.

MisterE":yfu9wmgt said:
I'm the king of that kind of stuff. :king:

Leave it to me to:

Put water on to boil, forget about it, then leave the house.

Leave the cupboard door open above the sink, then bash my head in on the corner while leaning over it.

Set something plastic on the stove while it's still hot. Smells great.

Buy cream cheese, but put it in the closet instead of the fridge. Then seriously wonder if it might be okay to eat 3 days later.

Make my coffee for the commute to work, then come home to find it still in the microwave, with the Ready light still blinking on the screen.

Get sent to the grocery store by the Mrs. to pick up ONE thing and come home with everything except that. (This just happened again about an hour ago :roll: )

Last month I showed up to a rehearsal in another city only to discover it was a concert and didn't have my dress clothes. Try finding a Tux on a 25 minute break sometime.

I could increase the list ad infinitum I'm afraid..... :oops:
Insurance companies must looooooooooooooove you. 8) (...this post just made your rates go up another bajillion percent...) :p

I kinda done the reverse. Eons ago, when I worked at a Sandy's (Come as you are, hungry.) restaurant, I was cleaning freezer coils with a tank of CO2. Got done and set the tank on the floor while I put away the ladder. Came back and grabbed the tank at the top with my right hand and picked up the tank using my left to hold it. Immediately realized something was amiss and quickly set it and my hand in a big sink. Started running water on it to peel my hand off the tank. Apparently when a tank gets cold, it keeps getting colder to a point. Then warms up. I froze all the skin on my left hand where it contacted the tank. Lost it all. Like a bad burn, without the crispy, burnt, stench.

You know, if you would have used your forearms, you could have been mistaken for a Shaolin Priest. :p

Not too long ago my wife reheated a dish in the oven. She grabbed the pot holder and reached in to retrieve the dish. If only she used the hand with the pot holder! She was in pain for awhile.