So I'm a Burley guy... what does that mean?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've tried a lot of different tobaccos since I started using a pipe last December, probably close to 20. Most of them I don't like, but the ones I do like have a common thread - Burley.

So... what does it mean to be a Burley guy? What recommendations does the community have for me?
It means you mostly enjoy burley. :) BTW I enjoy Peretti's burleys, particluarly the Cuban mixture and the Belmont.
I also like Amphora's Burley.

Maybe give C&D's Night Train a try. It's not a pure burley, but it certainly has nutty burly as a component. It might be a decent introduction into VaPers too. It's a very "pure" tasting tobacco too. If you have an interest in dark fruits, like prunes and dates, it'll give you that too.

"The Woods So Wild" by 16th/17th Century English composer William Byrd. I play another song of his that I like a lot called "The Bells." If you can find Julian Bream playing "Woods So Wild," he plays it on a lute.

Loving Burley indicates that you have superior taste.. (Sorry. Couldn't help doing that)
I have over the years smoked mainly burley..
My favorites are:

Old Joe Krantz and Bayou Night
Pegasus is another.. reminds me of an OTC back in the 50s and 60s

If old Joe and Bayou Night have a bit more Perique than you might like, then Haunted Bookshop is a good sub..
If you like some Latakia, then Morleys Best is good..

While I like Morley best and haunted Bookshop each on it's own, I prefer to mix them 50/50 .. I call it Morleys Bookshop