Someone using the name of this group on facebook.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tarheel7734

Reaction score
I have been a member of a facebook group called Brothers of the briar. I just found out it was not sanctioned by this website and as this website has been around much longer does it infringe on the owners and sites rights and name?

I am sure someone has the answer to this officially, but suspect the the addition of the word "the" makes it different enough for them to use it.

There are a couple groups on Facebook. We kind of have one, but I do not remember who actually created it. One of the other fellows that remember names well will have to fill you in. That one is Brothers O'Briar.

There was a guy who sold Brothers of Briar shirts, vests, hats and other pipe related stuff at shows long before this board started. He always had his BoB logo in his signature line on pipe boards. He had some issues and went crazy and is long gone but I still see the vests worn at shows sometimes and I know I have a BoB pin in my pipe hatpin collection. :shock:

It's actually a play on BOTL... Which to a cigar smoker is Brother/s of the leaf.

We 'own' the .com, and our image, but I don't think anyone can 'own' BoB.