Sons of Anarchy.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
myspacebackground.jpg

I started watching this show on accident. I didn't want to like it, but before I knew it, I was finished with Season 1!

I really dislike the theme song and I fast forward through it every time it comes on. I will even comment on that fact to any of my family members who may be around.

I really enjoy the diverse characters and there are a few I really look forward to seeing each episode. There is quite a bit of comedy relief mixed in with all of the serious and ludicrous stuff. I really like that.

I don't yet have a motorcycle but this show really makes me want to hurry up and take the MSF course and finally get one!

Sons of Anarchy

In all my years of biking I have yet to come in contact with a back-patcher who has read the works of Bakunin and Kropotkin, or who is able to discuss the history of the Paris Commune.

I take it the producers of this show are not aware of the meaning of the word Anarchy :(

ADK_Pipe":nywcd24j said:
Yup... another fan of the show here. They do glamorize it, but it's still fun to watch.

The music is great. Check this out:

http://tviv.org/Sons_of_Anarchy/Music
I'm glad to see Monster Magnet has a few tunes. Real motorcycle tie-in: The seat in my avatar was made by a chick in New Jersey, whose husband is in a real Jersey club. I know him thru some Triumph connections. When I went to pick up the finished seat, she was showing a guitar strap to another customer who had a bunch of rock-n-roll looking buddies with him. Turns out, he is the lead guitarist for the band, Ed Mundell. He checked out my seat and recognized the song tie-in.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Mundell

This is the most poorly written (particularly characters, but story as well), worst acted, sloppy show I may have ever seen. I don't exaggerate, either. The thing is crap in almost every way. I'm qualified to say this because I've seen every episode. That's both laughable and sad, because every moment I watch it, I'm also thinking, "I'm wasting more time here." I cannot help but think that this show remains on TV, getting renewed season after season, because of the motorcycle and gun facade. That might seem obvious, and also common to have "special interests" keeping shows on TV, but I find it particularly interesting in this case because so little of it is about guns or motorcycles. It's also frustrating because another FX show, Terriers, was superior in every way, yet it didn't get renewed for a 2nd season. I wasn't interested in the Terriers premise in the least, but having seen it, the show was indeed a very good one. Nothing new. Lots of things of better quality fall to the wayside.