Still alive and checking in

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LL

Reaction score
Hi all,

George Dibos here, the Precision Pipe Repair guy.

I'm just a few hours out of twelve days in the hospital, so this has to be brief.

My apologies to anyone who was affected by my extended absence and unreachability. I was taken 200 miles away to Bismarck by ambulance without warning, so was unable to prepare in any way. Without access to my customer info or a long distance phone (hospitals assume everyone has a cell phone these days), the only people I could reach were those whose contact info I had memorized. Meaning not many. :lol:

Anyway, so goes life in the "live alone and work alone in a remote place" world.

It will be a while (7-10 days?) before the surgery aftermath allows me to sit at the bench in the "hunched over the work" position necessary for something like pipe repair, but I wanted everyone to know that returning to work asap IS the plan. My hands and eyes are fine, and the rest of me should follow in a while.

The delay is probably just was well given all the pain meds I'm taking, anyway. :lol:

For the moment just sitting up to type is something of a chore, but the phone is OK should you need info about a project or the like. The number is 701 523 4886.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

George

I know a good bit about hospitals ans surgery so even though I don't know you I am happy to see your doing better.

Skip

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

:face:

Rest up and get well George, that's the most important thing. I'm very glad you're on the mend my friend and hope you recover quickly.

Ya know, it's best to not rush it. A pipe restoration guy on heavy pain meds with a Teddy Eagle in one hand and and a power tool in the other is a recipe for disater :lol:

Is no one else trippin on a 200 mile ambulance ride???

Damn.

LL.. That totally screws the concept of the "golden hour"

puros_bran":ncd1me2w said:
Is no one else trippin on a 200 mile ambulance ride???

Damn.

LL.. That totally screws the concept of the "golden hour"
It was indeed surreal. The distance + rough ND roads + one ton van springs versus internal pain so bad it was causing a muscle rigor type of shock response meant it could only be pulled off by using Dilaudid (a man made morphine analog that's about 10X stronger than the original stuff). The problem with that was using enough to get the job done---the slightest jolt or movement was insane---meant there was a significant risk of respiratory shut down or circulatory system collapse. So a crash team rode with me the entire way. One member never stopped looking into my face from about ten inches away while asking random questions and insisting on a response, no matter how nonsensical or slurred, while two other guys monitored the machinery I was plugged into, paddles at the ready. "General anesthesia minus a click" was the idea, apparently.

They pulled it off brilliantly, too, from what I can tell. Seein' how I'm still around to describe it. :lol:

Glad to hear you're home! Nothing like being there...and having a smoking area. Hope you mend quickly and your tubing comes out easy.

Jim

just glad you're okay LL, and posting again! take all the time you need. no sense rushing the healing, brother! you can always kill time here while you mend!