Stokers Haven POY

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puros_bran

Reaction score
A couple winters ago I sent Pops Bosi Stokers Haven POY to get a new stem, when it came back he gave it to me. I no longer have that pipe (I think I still have a pic of it on phorobucket, I'll check when I get back home) but I have aquired another one....

Here's the problem... This pipe looks nothing like the other one I had..

I don't remember how the other one was marked but it was a freehand with a huge rim covered in birdseye...

This one is maked 'Bosi'. 'Stokers Haven' (in a circle)
'2003' '27•30'. It is big, rusticated, and sorta like a bent ball shape...(I'll get a pic up friday/saterday..)

Did he do multiple years?

PB, I have the next pipe in line which was number 26-30 and it could be the twin sister of the one you are describing. The 2004 pipe was a Meerschaum calabash from Turkey that we went through hell trying to get the guy that took the money to fork over the pipes. I honestly don't remember what the 2002 pipe was or who carved it. Maybe Carlos or Pipetongue1 can remember.

the best i remember Bosi only did the stockers haven pipe one year, it was a bent apple in diffrent finishes, i think mine is #2 and it is a great smoker,

Ok then...

Maybe that other Bosi wasn't a POY. I do remember it having a set of numbers on it though... Ehhh don't guess it matters one way or the other.. I've fer sure got a SH POY now. :D

Chuck, I'm pretty sure it could be called a Bent Apple. I'm not really up on shape terminology.

Hi had one of the Moretti Canadians, sold it, Ken :tongue:
Pacem en Puffing! :tongue:

I think Kirk only did that one year for Stokers Haven POY. I had all of them for up to and through his model. I've still got my Bosi POY and another he called a cracked egg, both still unsmoked. I like Kirk's pipes and if it weren't for the fact that he's a Bears fan, he'd be a good guy.
:mrgreen:

Natch

Welcome from central Florida, I am New to BOB and do not know if I am replying to a previous post or adding a new one. I recently acquired a pipe that is 6" long, 2" high, 1.5" wide, chamber is 7/8" wide by 1 3/4" deep. It has a rusticated finish ring grain. The nomenclature states in script " Stoakers Haven 2002 Inaugural Year. The size code is the #3. It is a slightly bent bulldog medium tan in color. Could of been manufactured by Comoys as the country of origin is stamped in a small circle Made in London with England underneath. I am sure that with all your expertise out there some of you have seen this before . Thanks in advance for any replies.

SPUD 15":ebv9ts11 said:
Welcome from central Florida, I am New to BOB and do not know if I am replying to a previous post or adding a new one. I recently acquired a pipe that is 6" long, 2" high, 1.5" wide, chamber is 7/8" wide by 1 3/4" deep. It has a rusticated finish ring grain. The nomenclature states in script " Stoakers Haven 2002 Inaugural Year. The size code is the #3. It is a slightly bent bulldog medium tan in color. Could of been manufactured by Comoys as the country of origin is stamped in a small circle Made in London with England underneath. I am sure that with all your expertise out there some of you have seen this before . Thanks in advance for any replies.
I not sure but I don't think that any of the POY from the old Knox Board/Stokers Haven were spelled "Stoakers Haven". You might try The Stokers Haven Forum at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Stokers_Haven/ They kind of broke away from the Knox Baord. It's been so long ago I can't remember who all went and when/why it happened. For some reason I "think" that Forum was started after 2002. Maybe some of the older members there can help you. It's been a few years since I even posted over there.

You are correct. The problem is my typing, The pipe is a Stokers Haven 2002 pipe that I was describing. I'm getting to that age where the mind and fingers do not always cooperate with each other. Thanks for the reply Spud 15

Mikem":lkubef57 said:
SPUD 15":lkubef57 said:
I not sure but I don't think that any of the POY from the old Knox Board/Stokers Haven were spelled "Stoakers Haven". You might try The Stokers Haven Forum at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Stokers_Haven/ They kind of broke away from the Knox Baord. It's been so long ago I can't remember who all went and when/why it happened. For some reason I "think" that Forum was started after 2002. Maybe some of the older members there can help you. It's been a few years since I even posted over there.
I was a member there for years, Stokers haven was a huge part of my life...made many friends over there. "Yarnspinner" was the founder but after many years of running it he started to run short on time because of his full time job so he passed the torch over to "meerorbriar". she then transformed the forum into a yahoo group. A lot of people just left and found other forums :cry: I never did purchase any of the Stokers Haven pipe of the years. If I recall they were only made 2 years in a row.

Found this post @ stokers, hope it helps, John.

And for those of you that were members back then, yes, I have the 2003
SH pipe of the year when Bosi made it and no, I'm not parting with
that beauty! Or see # 6 below.