Stokkebye Bulls Eye Flake How?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WVDAVE

Reaction score
I just got a sample of Stokkebye Bulls Eye Flake today and have a few questions. Do I take a coin or two and rub them out, or is there another way? Do I have to let them dry any? Is there anything else I should know about preparing them?

It's sliced thin enough, and is delivered dry enough, that you can just throw a disc or two in the bowl and light away.

You can rub them out or fold and pack them, I suggest trying both ways and see what you prefer. I usually fold them and kind of break them up a little as I fill the bowl.
See what works best for you..thats the right way.

flytyer":y17d365q said:
You can rub them out or fold and pack them, I suggest trying both ways and see what you prefer.
I agree. :cheers:

Well I folded one and stuffed it in the bowl, then another. I had one of the best smokes since I started with a pipe. About two hours of pure pleasure.

WVDAVE":xlyjt8yw said:
Well I folded one and stuffed it in the bowl, then another. I had one of the best smokes since I started with a pipe. About two hours of pure pleasure.
Mission accomplished! :)
Bullseye is one of my favorite smokes. Glad you are enjoying it :cheers:

For an indoor smoke Rub it out, smoking outdoors fold and stuff. Great tobacco at a very affordable price. Stock up on it now!!!!

flytyer":zjdvy7ne said:
You can rub them out or fold and pack them, I suggest trying both ways and see what you prefer. I usually fold them and kind of break them up a little as I fill the bowl.
See what works best for you..thats the right way.
I'd say ditto to this also. I really like the Stokkebye products. Luxury Twist Flake is one of my mainstays. Good stuff at good prices.

Cellars very well !! I bought 2 pounds about 4 years ago, put it up in smaller Mason jars, and smoke it regularly. Ages very well ! Tasty tobacco!

I just ordered two oz. of the Luxury Twist Flake to try can't wait.

Tried my first Bullseye the other day...I read somewhere to take that center bit out and, after packing the rest, crumble that center peice on top as a "topping" of sorts. Worked pretty well and, so far, I've been darn impressed with PS products...

mike_68":a74ejmf5 said:
Tried my first Bullseye the other day...I read somewhere to take that center bit out and, after packing the rest, crumble that center peice on top as a "topping" of sorts. Worked pretty well and, so far, I've been darn impressed with PS products...
Mike, try removing the center piece and rubbin out the rest. Then fill half of the bowl, lay that center piece across still intact, then fill the rest of the bowl. That's my usual method it gives the flavor a nice change half way through :)

mike_68":orn9rc6v said:
I'll give this method a try later tonight. Thanks Mike.

Mike, try removing the center piece and rubbin out the rest. Then fill half of the bowl, lay that center piece across still intact, then fill the rest of the bowl. That's my usual method it gives the flavor a nice change half way through :)
I am definitely going to have to try this method!!

s.ireland":1uj0gzon said:
mike_68":1uj0gzon said:
That´s the dilemma with this flake: What the hell to do with that hard "bullseye" in the middle!! I just try to crumble it up the best I can and not think of it too much, lol. I rember saving a few of the cavendish bullseyes and smoking them by themselves once. FAIL. Not worth it....

s.ireland":op0gi9pd said:
mike_68":op0gi9pd said:
I like that too Shane...will try your method as well!

So I finally got to try LBF. The previous smoke of the day was Escudo, so I was expecting something a little bigger, maybe a little more rough around the edges, but WOW, my expectations were dead wrong. I found escudo to be smooth & full of flavor, it had body yet was still extremely well mannered. The LBF was (is it possible?) even smoother than the escudo. I tried to push it, see how the flavor developed if it got overly hot, but it just wouldn't bite. It was comfortable, satisfying, & after about 15 minutes it already felt like an old friend. My first thought after finishing the bowl was that I need to stockpile this stuff.

Anyway, as for packing methods-
Since these 2 tobacco's were my first experience with medallions, I just kind of wrinkled 2 coins up, then placed them in the palm of my hands, & GENTLY rubbed my hands together. The medallions broke apart nicely, turned into kind of a long & relatively thick ribbon cut. I crumbled up one of the black cavendish centers, but I put the other one in the center of the bowl, intact. I noticed a profound flavor shift part the way through the bowl, but I am unaware if it was due to the black center, as I was walking the dogs while smoking, & it had begun to rain, so it could have been me just breathing harder or even the wind on the bowl. I think next time I am going to try just folding up a coin & stuffing it in, might have to dry it out for a bit though.

Very cool...I've since tried the leaving of the disc method as well and there IS a flavor shift. Almost softens up and sorta looses some zing for awhile. Gives the taste buds a quick rest then, BAM..back to the flavor!