Summer!!!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HistoryMajor

Reaction score
I just thought I'd share my exhilaration! I just handed in my last essay/final assignment, finishing off my second year, and I'm now completely free for three months. :D :D :D

:pipe: :poncho:

You will NOT be free,,it's just an illusion,,,you will be hounded by PAD and TAD,,, :lol!:

Congratulations on finishing your second year,,,an accomplishment to be proud of,,,, :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Nothing likie a little free time on your hands. Any big plans for the next few months?

Very good! I remember those days and it's a cool feeling. :bounce:

Yesssssss!!!!!!! :cheers:

Student's often forget that teachers look forward to it probably more than they do!

However, if I don't teach Summer School and run work shops, I have to go three months without a pay check. And if I don't publish and write grants during the summer, I could loose my job.

But hey, it's summer, the streams are up, my canoe is calling, and the ice on the lakes of Isle Royal should be off by next week, so here I come.

Natch

TallSmoke":q2o8vgh4 said:
Nothing likie a little free time on your hands. Any big plans for the next few months?
Hey Tallsmoke, here's a questions for ya: that's definitely a fly rod in your hand; is that a bait can on your belt :shock: ?

Idlefellow":ryn034x7 said:
TallSmoke":ryn034x7 said:
Hey Tallsmoke, here's a questions for ya: that's definitely a fly rod in your hand; is that a bait can on your belt :shock: ?
It sure is. I alternate between dry flies and live small minnows. If the dry flies aren't working I rig a live minnow to a Joe's Fly. Trout absolutely cannot resist it. I often see 3-4 trout going after it in a race. The bad thing is most of the time I get my daily limit in an hour when I want to fish all day. (gotta shake the small ones off sometimes!) It's that good of a combo.

The rig only works in moving water. It does very well in quick water by a pool or running by or even under a log or brush. Freakish how they love the action it presents. It's fun to watch someone plug a hole or drift a few flies in, give up, then watch me land 1-2 while climbing back up the hill. That happens all the time.

I could rig it probably just as easy on a spinning rod, but I enjoy the sport and thrill of the fly rod. Slack up one bit or move the rod just the wrong way and you lose the trout. Dry fly purists might not like it, but I love fresh trout on the fire by the stream in camp too much.

TallSmoke":g9llv2va said:
Idlefellow":g9llv2va said:
TallSmoke":g9llv2va said:
It sure is. I alternate between dry flies and live small minnows. If the dry flies aren't working I rig a live minnow to a Joe's Fly. Trout absolutely cannot resist it. I often see 3-4 trout going after it in a race. The bad thing is most of the time I get my daily limit in an hour when I want to fish all day. (gotta shake the small ones off sometimes!) It's that good of a combo.

The rig only works in moving water. It does very well in quick water by a pool or running by or even under a log or brush. Freakish how they love the action it presents. It's fun to watch someone plug a hole or drift a few flies in, give up, then watch me land 1-2 while climbing back up the hill. That happens all the time.

I could rig it probably just as easy on a spinning rod, but I enjoy the sport and thrill of the fly rod. Slack up one bit or move the rod just the wrong way and you lose the trout. Dry fly purists might not like it, but I love fresh trout on the fire by the stream in camp too much.
Yeah, I'd shake my head in disapproval at your methods, (secretly hoping you caught enough to share) :affraid:

Congrats HM! We are still a bit on the far side of midterms here, then on to the summer semester, I'm gonna attend full time until I'm done, no breaks. My brain will be mesh by then but I've gotta 'get 'r done'. Enjoy your summer :cheers:

TallSmoke":ucmzg8je said:
Idlefellow":ucmzg8je said:
TallSmoke":ucmzg8je said:

My dad baitfished with a fly rod all the time, carried live minnows & nightcrawlers, whatever wold get the job done. He loved the feel and play of the fly rod but the odds of live bait. No fly fishing purist around here. :D

HistoryMajor":gvw2qmah said:
I just thought I'd share my exhilaration! I just handed in my last essay/final assignment, finishing off my second year, and I'm now completely free for three months. :D :D :D

:pipe: :poncho:
Hist. Maj.,
What are your plans for the summer?

EJinVA":j6ebu5an said:
Hist. Maj.,
What are your plans for the summer?
He's going to drop over to my place and do a little trading... :cheers:

Congrats HistoryMajor :cheers:

TallSmoke":v928da7f said:
It sure is. I alternate between dry flies and live small minnows. If the dry flies aren't working I rig a live minnow to a Joe's Fly.
At least it ain't a worm!

TallSmoke":hvep4ahm said:
Not too much. Working as much as I can for the first couple months. In July, I'll be working at the Edmonton International Street Performers Festival, and then right after that I'm taking a week off work to go relax in Las Vegas. I'm going with my girlfriend, another couple and two other friends. Lots of nice weather, sitting by the pool and relaxing I hope. :D
He's going to drop over to my place and do a little trading...
Yep, doing that too. My summer's been off to a good start in terms of smoking, and I hope it only gets better! :D

Congrats HM! We are still a bit on the far side of midterms here, then on to the summer semester, I'm gonna attend full time until I'm done, no breaks. My brain will be mesh by then but I've gotta 'get 'r done'.
Best of luck with the rest of your term!

I heard he is going out to the dessert to cover the Mint 400!
I didn't catch that reference at first! :lol!: