Suspenders

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSteve

Reaction score
Last year, I had to have simple outpatient surgery on a spot right on my waist. I couldn't wear a belt for weeks or pants with a tight waist. I bought a pair of very stretchy Dickies workman's suspenders. After I healed, I hung the suspenders in a closet. About two weeks ago, I realized that I'd dropped enough weight that my sweatpants kept falling down if I had anything of weight in the pockets. I put on the suspenders and all is well with the world. I can wear sweats a size too big, but comfortable, and not even think about losing my pants. Right now, I'm wearing either black or navy; not sure 'cause I can't tell the difference. I just ordered a pair in red.
I'm wondering why I haven't always worn these kind of suspenders. $9.99
DI5100_RD_FR.jpg

If you can't tell the red ones from the black and navy ones, you might want to see a doctor.

aka braces. I wore them as a kid. Rainbow ones. They seemed to be sold in every store in the rural Midwest. I remember not liking them pulling the crotch upward, but I don't have a high waist.

Yeah. A bit of sweat and I'll be itching. Same with change in my pockets. I can't carry change either. Takes weeks to heal.

I sit at my desk and work from home so no one knows what I'm wearing. I almost always wear overalls which sort of have built-in suspenders. When I go to town with jeans on I always have suspenders and a belt. Sort of redundant but it works for me.

I like Dickies products and my 4 main pairs of overalls are Dickies brand. My fifth pair is another brand that I don't care for. I couldn't find Dickies suspenders. Didn't even know they made them but now I'll look for them. Glad you posted this RSteve!

I sit at my desk and work from home so no one knows what I'm wearing. I almost always wear overalls which sort of have built-in suspenders. When I go to town with jeans on I always have suspenders and a belt. Sort of redundant but it works for me.

I like Dickies products and my 4 main pairs of overalls are Dickies brand. My fifth pair is another brand that I don't care for. I couldn't find Dickies suspenders. Didn't even know they made them but now I'll look for them. Glad you posted this RSteve!
Since I retired, I'm wearing overalls 75% of the time. The only time I don't is when I have a doctor's appointment or going out to eat. Seeing I'm 65 and retired, I don't really care what people think about what I wear and I definitely don't care about fashion. ;-)

Round House brand
Thanks for mentioning them. Remind me of Osh Kosh and Big Ben...the kind of wear that I used to see at feed stores and farm supply joints. I wore work wear because it was cheap and durable, not because I wanted to give the facade of being working class or whatever. I also prefer baggy, but that is for another time. I googled Round House, and it says "$29 American Made jeans," but then when I go to the page, they're all $80 on sale for $50. Am I looking in the wrong section?

Thanks for mentioning them. Remind me of Osh Kosh and Big Ben...the kind of wear that I used to see at feed stores and farm supply joints. I wore work wear because it was cheap and durable, not because I wanted to give the facade of being working class or whatever. I also prefer baggy, but that is for another time. I googled Round House, and it says "$29 American Made jeans," but then when I go to the page, they're all $80 on sale for $50. Am I looking in the wrong section?

On the buy page, scroll down to the bottom. The irregular, or seconds are discounted to that sale price. Be aware. They could have a hole in them, or some other minor problem that anyone that can sew would be able to fix in a few minutes. Or slight color mismatch. etc.

Look around. I got mine from Boot Barn. I don't think they were $50. If there is a Boot Barn near you then have them delivered there for free shipping. They are more expensive if you order them directly from Round House.

Since I retired, I'm wearing overalls 75% of the time. The only time I don't is when I have a doctor's appointment or going out to eat. Seeing I'm 65 and retired, I don't really care what people think about what I wear and I definitely don't care about fashion. ;-)
Yep, sounds like me only I'm more like 99% of the time. When I go to the doctor is when I wear something different. I go shopping wearing overalls. Nuts to fashion!