Sweet dessert type aromatics

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NAJ_ile

Reaction score
Hey folks

I have been smoking the tinderbox Wilshire blend almost exclusively for the past 2 years, and I really like the sweet, aromatic qualities of it. its almost buttery, that being said, I am coming to be almost bored with it. Can someone recommend something that is equally sweet, and aromatic, but different from this particular blend for me? Any help here would be appreciated.

Cheers!
Nick

I haven't tried Wilshire but it's supposed to be similar to 1Q. Gawith & Hoggarth American Delight is their version of 1Q you might like that it has a caramel vanilla topping. The flavor is not over the top it's tasty though and smells nice. I think you'd probably like it.

I have found Dan tobacco Devil's Holiday a nice treat. Just For Him.com has several wonderful aromatics as well. A really nice blackberry flavoured one is made by Newminster tobacco co. Lane also has a few I like, and their 1Q is sold by the Tinder Box as Wilshire. I would say the list of aros Could be long, depending on how varied your palate is....

+1 on Devil's Holiday! Also, Dan's "Malthouse" / Whiskey and "Black Velvet" / Guinness & Champage over a VA and Latakia base!

Also try Boswell's "Berry Cobbler", "Boswell's Best", "Pennsylvania Dutch Treat" and "Christmas Cookie". JM blends some very nice, non goopy aros.

Look at Solani's aros: 113 "Sweet Mystery X" / Black Currant and Coconut Creme, 127 Green Label / Apple , 131 Red Label / Whiskey, 333 "Festival" / Plum Pudding, 369 Blue Label / Melange of fruits & Vanilla, and last but not least, my current guilty pleasure,
639 "Tropical Mango Flake"!

Honorable mention goes to:  Reiner "Professional". I was recently turned onto this by a fellow member of the Hudson Valley Pipe Club. It is a very unique Whisky / Fruit blend that has an amazing room note. This one will have people chasing you down and asking what it is!

PS: Here's a lttle tip for you, I only smoke aros in a cob. I find that this is the best way to enjoy them. The cob enhances the sweetness and flavor ten fold!

The sweetest aromatic I know of is Dan Tobacco's Blue Note, which has a topping of fruit and coconut. Years ago I would smoke this on my breaks at work and always got nice remarks from passers-by.

I very much enjoy Larsen Signature these days when I'm in the mood for an aromatic. Its flavoring seems to be strawberry and vanilla, and it has a solid base of natural Virginia sweetness.

My understanding is that Tinderbox Wilshire blend is Lane 1Q.  With that in mind, and while there are a host of delicious sweet aromatic pipe tobaccos available, I'd recommend you try either Lane LL-7 or pipesandcigars.com Trout Stream.
If you want to expand the horizon a bit, don't hesitate to check out the large number of wonderful blends from Uhles, Boswell, Milan Tobacconists, 4noggins, and/or vtpipes.com.

You could give Sutliff Molto Dolce a try. Very sweet and very good. Altadis Blue Note is another good one. Butternut Burley is sweet too.

Didn't mean to send anyone on the chase of a wild goose so...Edited for correction of spelling

williamcharles":1yh6yglq said:
You could give Sutliff Molte Dulce a try. Very sweet and very good. Altadis Blue Note is another good one. Butternut Burley is sweet too.
Yeah, I think Molto Dolce is probably about the sweetest, most unabashed aromatic I have even smoked. It's so sugared up it actually crackles when you light it.

okay, I am gonna make a list, and start the hard work of sampling. You can feel sorry for me now! :lol:

I was always fond of MacBaren's Vanilla Cream (comes in ribbon or flake. I preferred the ribbon).

Dan's Blue Note was my favorite awhile ago, I loved it so much I bought a pound. I'm not sure if my tastes changed or the bulk bag is some how different than the tin. I did pick up a tin recently to see what's up with that. Now Hobbits Weed is one I thought I would definitely not like, but for some crazy reason I had to go and get some. I don't like cherry blends, but I like this one very much! I get a strawberry taste out of it myself. My favorite Lane blend for over a year now has been Hazelnut!  Nording's Labrador is good one, Scotty's Butternut Burly is a good blend I've recently tried and reminds me of 1Q. Boswell's does very well with their aromatics. Peoples tastes can be very different from each other, it's hard to say what someone may like. Good Luck with your spiral in to oblivion with TAD!   :twisted:

Not really an aromatic fancier, but the urge for sweets sometimes makes its appearance. There are several good ones out there that I can smoke all the way down without regretting it, but for me C & D's Autumn Evening trumps them all. Maple essence? Dunno...I suppose so. Whatever it is, it's good.

Gawith Hoggarth's Rum Flake is the one sweet tobacco I keep coming back to. I'm not sure what an aro lover might make of it

Too many to list, but here's a few: Sutliff Molto Dulce, Mountain Pass (tastes a bit like Boston Creme Pie), Maple Street and Z-50 Black Cordial (sold in bulk and is a rich black cherry blend with a touch of vanilla). MacBaren Vanilla Cream. 4Noggins Essence of Vermont. Dan's Blue Note.

C&D Autumn Evening tops my list of Aros. McClelland's Holiday Spirit is also very good.

I'm a little late to the thread, but I have a large selection of aros. I have been blessed with most of them, and would like to pass on some of the blessing in the form of samples. If you are interested, shoot me a PM, and we can discuss what I have and what you might be wanting to try.

I just tried c&d black gold maple. It's very sweet. It has some maple but the topping is more like alcoholic pancake mix. It's very sweet you might like it. I'll strongly suggest American Delight though it's fantastic