Thanksgiving

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eat, drink, puff, sleep, watch football, eat, drink, puff, watch football and sleep... football and then sleep.
Cheers & Health,
Milan

Worked a half day today at the brewery. Came home and had a great bowl of old Dunhill 3 yr Matured VA in my Savinelli 1/2 bent "Davids Choice" and all was right with the world.

:sunny:

I be breaking out the aged Christmas Cheer later tonight.

Got a lot to be thankful for here. A career that I love and enjoy to the max (which also provides a stable income), good health, still active in music after all these years, and of course re-discovering the pipe after an almost 10-yr hiatus, including and especially finding this site to help send me on my way.

May your Thanksgiving be filled with as much satisfaction as you can hold!

Cheers,

RR

:cheers:

In-laws did a delicious non-traditional marinated tri-tip (which I got suckered into cooking, as usual... :lol: ) garlic mashed 'taters and stuffed mushrooms. All-in-all, FTW.

Better half and I dipped into a can of McClelland Holiday Spirit 2009 I got on the cheap--good stuff! Not sure how it compares to Christmas Cheer, but very chocolatey and nutty. Excellent after-dinner. 8)

Well folks Thanksgiving has come and gone. No time to smoke for me. Had dinner with my family in Jersey then up to NY for desert and coffee with the in-laws. Staying the weekend with my mother-in-law because she still lives in my home town.

The day after Thanksgiving is also a tradition for us. The girls get up at some ungodly hour and go shopping and I meet a bunch of guys for a tackle football game that has been going strong since we were all in high school.

I learned something today, 30 may be on the young side for a pipe smoker, but its too old for full contact sports. The girls are all passed out inside and I'm sitting out on the patio smoking my first bowl of Christmas cheer of the season. Getting up from this chair is going to be quite the challenge but I just realized I'm out of beer.

I hope everyone enjoyed their holiday as much as I did.

Dave_In_Philly":rdqo77ra said:
Getting up from this chair is going to be quite the challenge but I just realized I'm out of beer.
Truly one of the great motivations of mankind :D
Make sure you pick up two to ease the pain!