The 2012 forum pipe thread (merged and edited for clarity)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe the plan is to have the BoB pipe ready at anybody's convenience. If all goes well, this won't be a one time deal, but one of ongoing availability--provided Mark can keep up with production for various reasons. I think the price will be determined by options, which there might be two... a pipe safely under $200 (...could be $160, could be $180 *shrug*) and a somewhere-around-$300 pipe. Until details are sorted, nothing is in stone.

I wouldn't sweat it too much.

8)

The idea is that the pipe will be available for sale on his website, listed under club pipes in his web store. There will probably be a couple of examples there to see very soon, pipes that you could immediately order, or you could set up commission of a specific pipe to be made for you in a finish of your choice. The only time table I had in mind when discussing this with Mark was that the pipe be made available til the end of the year (stamp will read BOB Forum 2012). If he likes the pipe design he may leave the shape in his catalog for a long time, he's been known to do that. You should have a few months to save up, buy it for yourself for Christmas.

The prototype hasn't been modeled up yet (soon, very soon) so a firm price isn't yet set, but we're probably looking at under $200 for the coral (it has some add ons making it slightly higher than the standard coral carve) and of course a bit more for the black and tan. If you wanted a smooth or a blast I'm sure Mark would work with you on that as a special order.

You are the man Puff Daddy, again thanks for getting the ball rolling with Tinsky. This is an awesome idea.

:sleep: *rubs the sand from his eyes* :shock: Wait, there's a thread about a BoB PoY? Sweet!

This plan sounds amazing, btw. Won't bog down Tinsky and won't leave us disappointed. I'm definitely in, especially since I can order whenever I want!

That is, if Mark agrees to take on the terms of the project. :D

UberHuberMan":ksioitdb said:
:sleep: *rubs the sand from his eyes* :shock: Wait, there's a thread about a BoB PoY? Sweet!

This plan sounds amazing, btw. Won't bog down Tinsky and won't leave us disappointed. I'm definitely in, especially since I can order whenever I want!

That is, if Mark agrees to take on the terms of the project. :D
Go and have a look at Mark's cite for clubpipes and prices. I'm now drooling for one of his creations, it's gonna be a bulldog, hopefully. He makes the most beautiful 'dogs I've seen so far.

I am definitely still in for this. Rhodesians and and bulldogs are my favorite shapes and his are amazing.

christeaux":8vr4e5gy said:
I am definitely still in for this. Rhodesians and and bulldogs are my favorite shapes and his are amazing.
Yes, just look at the bulldogs!!!

I've already started saving up my money!!

Can't wait :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I'd love to get a BoB pipe. A decent amount of notice would be needed for me though, since I'll be away at school by the time they'd be released (if at all). It also depends on whether or not I can get a job down there. I really like the idea though!

zjgilbert":mjy8a4kr said:
I'd love to get a BoB pipe. A decent amount of notice would be needed for me though, since I'll be away at school by the time they'd be released (if at all). It also depends on whether or not I can get a job down there. I really like the idea though!

Here:

"Start saving now!" :cheers: There you go. 8)

(...worst-case scenario: you have pipe money....)

Kyle Weiss":xt2q1e28 said:
zjgilbert":xt2q1e28 said:

Here:

"Start saving now!" :cheers: There you go. 8)

(...worst-case scenario: you have pipe money....)
Ahh, but for the time being I must first take care of my "book money" and "food money" before I can have my "pipe money". I'm also trying to save up for a decent photo editing lap top. Sooo, I have my plate full. I'm just going to have to shove the mashed potatoes and steak over to make some more room :D

zjgilbert":d3kpjqec said:
Ahh, but for the time being I must first take care of my "book money" and "food money" before I can have my "pipe money". I'm also trying to save up for a decent photo editing lap top. Sooo, I have my plate full. I'm just going to have to shove the mashed potatoes and steak over to make some more room :D
Can't complain to your fellow broke-ass Brother, my friend. Sometimes you gotta miss the bus to make the train, as they say.

Sounds like the BoB Cob might be your best bet.

8)

Just checked out Mark's website. Looks like he's fixing issues with his "Today's Work" page (gearing up for something big)? And check out Coral Carve 586 on that page. Possible practice run for the BoB pipe?

wintermute":3artx43g said:
Just checked out Mark's website. Looks like he's fixing issues with his "Today's Work" page (gearing up for something big)? And check out Coral Carve 586 on that page. Possible practice run for the BoB pipe?
Got a link? I'm unfamiliar with his site.

wintermute":5kh6rwyi said:
And check out Coral Carve 586 on that page. Possible practice run for the BoB pipe?
No. That pipe was up for sale before we started talks, and it doesn't resemble the club pipe. Have not heard from Mark yet, the fish are probably biting.