The 2012 forum pipe thread (merged and edited for clarity)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually wintermute might be right, I was looking at the wrong coral carve. It might be, but it isn't what I had in mind. I'm hoping for a much fatter, beefier rhodesian with acrylic ferrule. We'll see what it turns out to be pretty soon I imagine......

I haven't been able to findthat 586, but i'm all for a coral bull dig! Especially a bent stem!

Puff Daddy":nv8nnl8w said:
Actually wintermute might be right, I was looking at the wrong coral carve. It might be, but it isn't what I had in mind. I'm hoping for a much fatter, beefier rhodesian with acrylic ferrule. We'll see what it turns out to be pretty soon I imagine......
Heheh, cat's out of the bag now, and to think I was always well behaved around Christmas and never snooped around for my presents. I'm sure that that is not what Mark has in store for the BoB pipe, most likely something based off his #12 design. I hope he offers us the coloring he used on CC 586. If he could provide the same smoky yellow acrylic for the stem and ferrule that would be fantastic. Hmmmmm, that's starting to sound expensive. I better shut my mouth.

Actually, you're damned close sir. So close I think you must have hacked into my email account or talked to Kyle (I had to bounce my ideas off of someone :lol: ). We are talking about a variation of the #12, but bigger, fatter, with acrylic ferrule that flares a little bit, acrylic tortoise shell military bit, and that brown on brown stain as in the 586.

You guessed it, I may as well come clean :lol:

Will be interesting to see how it comes out.

Puff Daddy":e20g9qp5 said:
Actually, you're damned close sir. So close I think you must have hacked into my email account or talked to Kyle (I had to bounce my ideas off of someone :lol: ). We are talking about a variation of the #12, but bigger, fatter, with acrylic ferrule that flares a little bit, acrylic tortoise shell military bit, and that brown on brown stain as in the 586.

You guessed it, I may as well come clean :lol:

Will be interesting to see how it comes out.
This design sounds pretty awesome! The only detail I might disagree on is going with tortoise shell over black. But I think tortoise shell paired with a virgin blast would be pretty cool!

Im really partial to shape 13 in his catalog. Don't have a bulldog yet but when i get one i really like the disk shaped ones.

OK boys, here are the first images of the first prototype :D . Personally, I think we have a winner.

This is a black and tan, dimensions are 1.8" High, 2 1/8 Wide, 6 3/8 Long, internal bowl diameter is 13/16". Mark is flaring the end of the shank to make the transition with the military bit more interesting, which I love. He is trying to source some acrylic that is large enough to do this, so this prototype has a buffalo horn ferrule, which works well with the black and tan scheme. There will be a coral carve coming too, wich will be a brown/brown rather than red brown, and will have the tortoise shell colored acrylic ferrule and matching military bit. More info will be coming in the next few days, so go ahead and drool away but be patient.

Without further ado.... :)

That looks outstanding. When do you anticipate availability? Perhaps in time for Christmas?

Oh boy oh boy oh boy that is sweet! I am so looking forward to this!

I didn't say a damned thing. I talk a lot, but I don't talk too much. 8)

:lol:

Nice pipe! :cheers:

good idea but i think their would be too much controversy over the design. Plus you would need a full time pipe maker with a unique design and a grand amount of brier blocks.

abdthi":v4q1h00b said:
good idea but i think their would be too much controversy over the design. Plus you would need a full time pipe maker with a unique design and a grand amount of brier blocks.
Assuming you didn't make it through the whole thread before posting brother. We already have a design and a maker. Tinsky is making the club pipe there are pics farther up the thread of the awesome pipe. It will be available to order from Mr. Tinsky sometime soon and until the end of the year at your leisure. :lol!:

Hey, a club pipe on its way? Excellent news.

The prototype looks interesting, I'll have to see if I can find some more pipe-buying cash

Forget all disparaging remarks I made in this thread about military bits. SWMBO will not be happy one bit. AWESOME.

Puff Daddy":cntco1ry said:
OK boys, here are the first images of the first prototype :D . Personally, I think we have a winner.

This is a black and tan, dimensions are 1.8" High, 2 1/8 Wide, 6 3/8 Long, internal bowl diameter is 13/16". Mark is flaring the end of the shank to make the transition with the military bit more interesting, which I love. He is trying to source some acrylic that is large enough to do this, so this prototype has a buffalo horn ferrule, which works well with the black and tan scheme. There will be a coral carve coming too, wich will be a brown/brown rather than red brown, and will have the tortoise shell colored acrylic ferrule and matching military bit. More info will be coming in the next few days, so go ahead and drool away but be patient.

Without further ado.... :)

i.keenum":d4630rjs said:
This what I'm telling my wife I want for christmas. :cheers:
My wife suggested the same thing when I showed her the pics of this beauty.