The BoB 2012 POY

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puff Daddy

Reaction score
If anyone didn't see the BoB club pipe? thread, here's the baby 8)

The prototype of the 2012 BoB POY, in black and tan finish, with buffalo horn ferrule, military stick bit. I'm sure there will be a couple of iterations of this, and certainly you could ask Mark directly if there was something particular you wanted done, and remember this is just prototype #1. The idea is to have a black acrylic ferrule, probably with a black stick bit, on the black and tan version. There will be a coral carve version that is more of a brown/dark brown finish (not redish in color like most coral carves) with tortoise shell colored acrylic ferrule and matching stick bit. The pipes will be a little while longer, some needed material is being sourced, and pipes will be available through Mark Tinsky's website, www.amsmoke.com , once everything is ready for production.

pics of the prototype:

WOOT!!

Any ETA on when they would be available and how long we would have to purchase them, or is all that undecided?

Pricing and timeline information will be coming shortly. My initial request to mark was to make the pipes available for purchase through the end of the year, and he didn't balk at that.

That sounds great! Thanks for all your hard work, PD!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Looks amazing. Ironically, even after I was pushing for this so much... :lol:...I probably won't be getting one this year due to recent events. But who knows, I'm relatively healthy and the plasma bank probably still has me under three different aliases. :twisted:

Swell job, Mark, and thanks, PD. 8)

You call it a POY, is there a hope that this will become a semi-annular or annular BOB branded pipe offering? Or is this going to be a forum member pipe available upon request? Is there going to be an order by date for a made to order number of pipes?

Either way, that is a beautiful pipe and I hope that I can order one. Beauty.

I've never owned a Tinsky... usually because I could never afford one. Subsequently, I've never looked at his website... Holy crap, this guy knows how to cut a Dog or a Rhodesian. They are beautiful :shock:

If the price is close to the other ones, I am in!

Scott

To answer a couple of questions, the stamp will be a simple BOB FORUM 2012. Not sure what you mean by Concepts on the stamp look. We're trying to keep this simple, not make it more difficult and expensive. Most people who showed interest wanted to see a nice pipe with a good price first and foremost, and I think this will end up being just that.

If you look at the original thread title A BoB club pipe, maybe? You'll see the explanation about ordering and such. We are not setting a bulk order with a cutoff date, but rather the pipe carver will be making these and taking individual orders throughout 2012, once the project gets into production, which should be soon. Pricing will be coming shortly.

Really hope I am in a position to order one.

Thank you for the info PD.

Wow! Rhodesian...tortoise stick bit (not black - thank you)...horn shank...black and tan...YES! it's all there. The BoB Battle Pipe is born! It's really fantastic. And the fact that they will be 'orderable' on an individual basis through 2012 makes it possible that I might be able to stash away the fundage. We'll see. Always wanted a Tinskey...made a couple of pipes from the kits he cut for me...THAT I could afford, but never had a real one. And honestly, if I would have sat down and made a list of the 'hopes and dreams' kind of pipe...this one would be it. Good work!

This is awesome PD! I've been wanting another Tinsky, plus I have an affinity for black and tan dogs. I've just never owned one without legs. :cheers:

Blackhorse":6942k235 said:
Wow! Rhodesian...tortoise stick bit (not black - thank you)...horn shank...black and tan...YES! it's all there. The BoB Battle Pipe is born! It's really fantastic. And the fact that they will be 'orderable' on an individual basis through 2012 makes it possible that I might be able to stash away the fundage. We'll see. Always wanted a Tinskey...made a couple of pipes from the kits he cut for me...THAT I could afford, but never had a real one. And honestly, if I would have sat down and made a list of the 'hopes and dreams' kind of pipe...this one would be it. Good work!
This. I wasn't kidding about the plasma bank to get money, either. I'll make this happen. 8)

Amazing pipe! You guys have quite an amazing taste! I'm in the price is right. No one on any of my motorcycling forums ever had a custom part made for members. Well done!

Drum roll please.... :)

The black and tan pics are posted in this thread, here is the coral carve version. The pipes will have the buffalo horn ferrule shown as the acrylic material didn't work out. Mark will let me know the prices and all ordering particulars and I'll post them here. Looks like we're just about ready boys.