The BoB 2012 POY

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dutch":lzqt7ztb said:
Kyle, I suppose you will at most have only 125 days till the end of the year. If it is carved after that, it will be a BoB 2014 Pipe of the Year. :lol!:
Uh...Dutch....why 2014????

kaiser83":7x6auns3 said:
Dutch":7x6auns3 said:
Kyle, I suppose you will at most have only 125 days till the end of the year. If it is carved after that, it will be a BoB 2014 Pipe of the Year. :lol!:
Uh...Dutch....why 2014????
Just baiting Kyle Kai. lol

Great job, PD!

I'm thinking it might not be a bad idea to snag a pair of these bad boys.... I'll be getting a Black n Tan for sure though. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

It will be my first Tinsky pipe 8)

I am officially starting to save the $$$ necessary for the "Coral" model.

Can't wait.

This will also be my first Tinsky.

Dave_In_Philly":djhnbrxt said:
Am I the only one who actually prefers the coral?
Nope, I really liked the B&T, but the coral gave me that "special feeling." 8)

Dave_In_Philly":tw4elspx said:
Nope...I stated earlier that's it is my favorite.

I like the coral too 8)

Kyle, available through the end of the year was the agreement.

Ya know....it would have been much more fun if everyone told Dave he was alone in his feelings towards the coral. I am disappointed in the lack of brotherly picking with such an easy opening.

Dave_In_Philly":n5gaj79r said:
I'm right there with you. The coral is absolutely stunning. Bad luck that Mark couldn't find a source for the large diameter tortoise acrylic. I'm not a big fan of buffalo horn - experience from knife collecting. Horn isn't the most dimensionally stable material, and at least with knife handles, needs to stay oiled. It can crack (cosmetically, not structurall) and shrink. Not sure if this is a factor with a small object like a pipe ferrule, but I may ask Mark to make mine out of black acrylic. Sorry to be a downer.

Yeah, he tried a couple of times to ge a large enough acrylic and could not source one. If he could have, I'd have preferred it, even in black. The dimensions were too large due to the flair at the shank end. Remember, this is a slightly oversized rhodesian, so even though the bore is only 13/16ths, the pipe is a fat boy with a flared shank. Apparently too large for standard acrylic. If you find that Mark sources some large-enough black acrylic please let me know, as we could offer that change to everyone. It would be preferable. but, I've chewed the poor mans ear a whole bunch already, I don't want to keep bugging him :lol:

:roll: <---- (Mark T seeing PeeDee on his caller ID again...)

:lol:

8)