The Dog Whisperer

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slow Puffs

Reaction score
I came across this program today and was fascinated by it. Is any one a fan of this program?

Yes, I watch it when I can,,,it's interesting to see how dogs train humans ,,,and then the process of redirecting their behavior by Cesar training the owner,,He has a great understanding of the nature of dogs, how their minds work and what can be done to suppress instinctive behavior, some of it dating back to pack survival. I've learned a lot from the show and enjoy it. I think it's one of the few shows that deserves to be on TV,,,,

I always watch it, I think it helps me understand whats going on in my dogs mind.

Joe

I'm addicted to it. I think the biggest thing that makes Cesar so effective is that he treats the dog like it is a dog, not like it is the son or daughter the people who own it don't have. Great show.

Cesar Milan is a Guru. I was say a very Spiritually advanced being, IMHO.

I came home a while ago and our 6 month cocker came a running... I didn't say a thing... just held out my pointing finger... he started to jump and then sat and sniffed my finger and went and layed down
icon_eek.gif

Then I saw him a little later with my shoe... I showed him my finger, he stopped and i took the shoe and put it back... he stayed where he was...
icon_eek.gif

Pretty nifty as I listen to the wife and grandson saying "No Shadow" "Down Shadow' as I settle in to watch the football game
icon_lol.gif

The man is pretty awesome. I have a Chessie and a Shih Tzu and his strategies helped me to "train" both my dogs to be great companions. I say "train" because I changed my behavior as much as I changed theirs, but both for the better. Dogs make you a better person, in my opinion.

Interesting, the first thing Cesar does is examine the personality of the owner/s. It really is a great step initially.

I have been upset with our grandson's new Grade 6 teacher this year. When I first met with her, I came away with terrible "vibes". Just being in her presence sent out awful messages. Likely dogs can sense this as well.

I like to spoil the hell out of my dogs and treat them like kids! Drives my wife crazy!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

With dog in lap and totally spoiled, I watch, but am not the greatest in following through with discipline. She's very well trained, but I have the philosophy that they have very small lives and I'm here to make it the most. After all, they give us so much and ask for so little in return. Walks, car rides, belly rubs and food.

We just got an English Bulldog puppy, Satchmo. Bullies are a little stuborn by nature, but I feel like I could walk him without a leash anywhere. However, if Cesar does a show about stopping dogs from snoring I may have to recored it. My wife can't tell who is snoring at night now.
satchm11.jpg
[/url][/img]