The Dumbest Question Ever

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trout Bum

Drag Free Drifter
Reaction score
Howdy, gents. Okay, without further ado, here it is:

If I smoke a stogie in my car (window open maybe a few inches, it's below zero), will it stink for days on end? Or is it no big deal, as I find with the majority of my pipe tobaccos?

I get off work late tonight, then have to drive about an hour to the family ski cabin. Thought I would enjoy a cigar, it being Christmas Eve and all.

Thanks in advance!

Merry Christmas, Brothers!

TB

Thanks for the info fellers! It is indeed a quality shtick; consider it shmoked!

(I should have known the answer was 42... Deep Thought strikes again :D)

Trout Bum":wgitg99h said:
I should have known the answer was 42
Yes, but now we're not quite sure what the question is..... :suspect: Get back to you in a few thousand years.

Never crush your cigar to extinguish it, better yet toss it out the window completely when your finished. It's the nub in the ashtray that stinks moreso than the ashes.

If the nub on my cigar has any good maduro leaf left, I throw it into a coffee mill reserved for grinding cigar tobacco into flake that I sprinkle as a "condiment" into my beloved Engine 99 smokes. Known in my house as Firehouse Engine 99 blend.

Well, does your car stink???
I find cigar linger for days, while pipes do not. Yet, either one is worth it, on long drives. Short drives too, for that matter. :D

Generally speaking, I like the aroma. Both my car and my truck have leather seating so there is minimal absorption of tobacco odor. I generally open the windows all the way at the end of my ride to change the air in the vehicle. I also run the blower to change the air in the ducts. When I arrive home I give a spritz or two with air freshener that is the same fragrance as Drakkor Noir cologne. Voila! My vehicles smell like a man owns them.

Erich, let me take a totally different tack than those above. Ask yourself the question; do I want my "lady" to ride in this vehicle with me?, or: do I ever want any lady to ride in this vehicle with me?

Having mis-answered this question in the past, I suggest you think long and hard about lighting up in your vehicle, Especially with your address, riding with all windows down for maximum airflow isn't usually an option.

Just my take on it, but personally I don't like the smell of anyone's house or car that has been repeatedly smoked it. I've never had a "mans cave" with air purifier and such, so perhaps it can be masked, but stale smoke is not enjoyable for the vast majority of the world's population.

On the other hand, if I owned a car that only I would be in, I'd be puffing away every day.

Natch

Good point, Natch. I know what you mean regarding the stale smoke smell. But I am the main driver; my wife drives a Subaru wagon. That said, I smoked the stogie with the window cracked three or maybe five hairs. Just for some airflow. The cigar was leaning more to medium or maybe even medium/light bodied. I also did not ash in the ashtray; I ashed in an old coffee cup. When I arrived at my destination, I immediately removed the ashes and the stub. The next day, there was no sign what-so-ever that a cigar had been enjoyed the night before. It was stealthy, tasty, and brilliant!

"IT WAS STEALTHY, TASTY, AND BRILLIANT"

You are THE MAN in Anchorage. A good man deserves a good stick. Glad you took the plunge. Don't ever forget your place in this world and don't forget you can always sweeten the air in your vehicle with an aromatic pipe. All women love it. Next time try a stout rich maduro cigar and smoke it with pride!

I was touring a car dealership a while back when our group walked past a car that had its doors closed up and a cord hanging out between the gasket. We asked and found out that the car was a lease return and the previous lessee was a cigar smoker. The dealership had placed a ionizer in the car and closed the doors and vents. Supposedly this would remove the smell from the car. Perhaps getting an ionizing air cleaner and putting it in the car overnight would be a way to make our cars hospitable to our SO's. Just a thought.

LIPIPE":eu30a5n5 said:
"IT WAS STEALTHY, TASTY, AND BRILLIANT"

You are THE MAN in Anchorage. A good man deserves a good stick. Glad you took the plunge. Don't ever forget your place in this world and don't forget you can always sweeten the air in your vehicle with an aromatic pipe. All women love it. Next time try a stout rich maduro cigar and smoke it with pride!
That is the spirit!!! Let me ask my wife what does she think about it first before I try it. :pale:

When I smoke my pipe at my B&M, I am surrounded by cigar smokers. After one hour or so my clothes stink to high heaven. The 10-minute ride home is long enough for my car to pick up the smell from my clothes! The car has to be deodorized even though no one has ever smoked in it...

Ditto on the ion generator. There are some available for vehicles that cost around $20. The reason I'm familiar is due to a car dealer that said he was reducing the value of my trade in by $1,000 because I had smoked in it. When I asked around several folks told me an ion generator would remove the smoke odor overnight. Also I use an air purifier with an ion generator in my house to eliminate stale smoke smells.

Jim

I wonder how the $20 model would work? Do you have the name of the unit? When I looked at the ionizing air cleaners, I was taken aback by the cost. I'll probably still pop for one since it can be used in the house when not in the car. What model do you use in your house?