The generosity of RonA3597

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muddler

Reaction score
Those who know Ron Austin even a little know him to be a gentleman of the old school & an outstandingly generous individual. A little while ago I received a copy of the NASPC newsletter - sent through by Ron, who paid for the subscription & postage. It's something I've wanted for a few years now but it's quite impossible to get from where I live in SA.

Well, yesterday a parcel slip arrived & my wife went to pick up the parcel this morning. Initially I thought it was a 4 Noggins order - the box was that big. But it was from Ron. It contained:

A box of Granger marked "Codger Burley"
A pouch of pressed W. C Smith Vaper blend, which Ron said on a note is "One of a kind. Smitty visited Craig Tarler (C&D) & had them make up a batch. No more around".
2 tins of my beloved Kingfisher dated 10/00
A tin of Telegraph Hill dated 07
A tin of 2007 Christmas Cheer

What generosity! Truly there is a deep brotherhood amongst pipe smokers. Not just the fact that a man knows the tobacco you enjoy but takes some of the best of his cellar & goes to the trouble & expense of packaging & sending it halfway sround the planet.

Hats off to you, Ron Austin!

Very generous indeed! Kind of gives you hope for humanity (and if you keep the TV and radio off, that hope might last the day!). Seriously, a fine act by obviously a fine gentleman.

Natch

Muddler, smoke and enjoy! I'm hoping for another trip to SA. With any luck we can get together again and have some of the other pipe smokers join us!

RonA3597":qjwa3i4j said:
Muddler, smoke and enjoy! I'm hoping for another trip to SA. With any luck we can get together again and have some of the other pipe smokers join us!
Thanks Ron. Next time you're here, we'll visit Pietenpauw pipes too - Jean du Toit is a great guy. You'll enjoy meeting him.