The pipe should be free

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
he replied and said that the shipping would be 5.50, I don't buy a lot of stuff on ebay, would one still be responsible to pay the price listed if you won the auction?

taharris":b8psmugl said:
For $2,000 it better be delivered by 7 naked virgins! :shock:

Todd
You do realize having 7 naked 2nd graders at your door would put you in Mikey Jackson's league.

puros_bran":wzmks9mp said:
taharris":wzmks9mp said:

Todd
You do realize having 7 naked 2nd graders at your door would put you in Mikey Jackson's league.
YOU KILL ME PB. MIKE

when I questioned him he sent me a private auction that listed the shipping at around 2.50

taharris":ew9nzdlm said:

Todd
Do you think 7 naked Virgins would be qualified to deliver a pipe let alone know how to handle one? :roll: :roll: :shock: :shock:

Egads, he has 39 pipes listed right now, all with $2000 shipping...and a 98.6 rating.

Some look nice, but even with reasonable shipping I dislike dealing with overseas ebay transactions.

The bottom line. Literally.

Also, that's 2000 pounds, not dollars. So Todd...
taharris":y2w8n5jr said:

Todd
...that'll be about 11.3 virgins!
:p

Technically speaking, he could collect on the huge shipping, but he'd also be likely kicked off eBay if enough people bitched about it.

I think it's kind of a remarkable way to wake people up and force them to actually interact. eBay's shipping calculator is a joke, anyway.

8)

George Kaplan":7cqfygk8 said:
The bottom line. Literally.

Also, that's 2000 pounds, not dollars. So Todd...
taharris":7cqfygk8 said:

Todd
...that'll be about 11.3 virgins!
:p
Wow, I wouldn't buy from a creep like this just as a matter of principle

Aristokles":cxilw5cp said:
Egads, he has 39 pipes listed right now, all with $2000 shipping...and a 98.6 rating.

Some look nice, but even with reasonable shipping I dislike dealing with overseas ebay transactions.
I have bought pipes on a few occasions from sellers located in Italy and Denmark. It has actually gone incredibly smooth. In fact, shipping to Canada has been far cheaper than from the US and much, much quicker as well. I don't know if this says anything about the US postal service or not.

maybe due to the 2day order thing they just have a "pipe" line to your house..... hahah get it "Pipe" line... I'll be here all week :face:

Nothing creepy about him.

International Buyers Please Ask For a Postal Quote Before Bidding. I have listed a HUGE Postal Charge to encourage international buyers to ask for a quote. I will of course charge the correct and cheapest fee to the lucky auction winner.
:face:

Yeah! Like I said, I applaud him for getting people to wake up a little. :lol: I'd at least message him and chat, get a feel for the dude. I'm pretty strange myself on eBay (big shock) but I'm thorough and decent with every transaction. Standing out is a GOOD thing, so long as it is for good reason.

8)

peckinpahhombre":cpd8wqdj said:
I have bought pipes on a few occasions from sellers located in Italy and Denmark. It has actually gone incredibly smooth. In fact, shipping to Canada has been far cheaper than from the US and much, much quicker as well. I don't know if this says anything about the US postal service or not.
I stand by for much bashing of the US for all sorts of policies, and bashing of postal workers, but not of the Postal system itself. It still costs only 44 cents to send a letter first class and this includes APO and FPOs (cheaper for lower classes if you know how to deal with that and aren't in any particular hurry, in fact the blind get free mail delivery via library class) During the civil war, the postal system ran uninterrupted, between the two sides, (you just had to buy two stamps, one for the CSA, one for the USA. both sides agreed to efficient mail). Any interruptions in shipping between countries have to deal with Customs. This is a separate branch of the Government than the Postal Service. Most of these interruptions, especially when shipping to Canada, have to do with YOUR side of the border... here is the big kicker that I found the most interesting. NAFTA guarantees that any product made in the USA is not subject to duties upon entering Canada. but just because you buy it from a US retailer doesn't mean it was made here. CA Customs love to pop people with a tobacco tax which can amount to 300% or any other duty they can dream up when a pipe stem says france or Italy or whatever, so be CAREFUL when you buy online and get things shipped to America's Hat. The delays come from the backlog from trying to find ways to get more money out of you.

Hey Jefe - I certainly wouldnt shy away from bashing anything on this side of the border if they deserved it, and certainly our customs authority deserve it. I guess the purely anecdotal evidence that made me think the delay was often on the US side of the border was the fact that shipping from Europe into Canada seemed to take much less time than from the US. My thinking was that if the delay was on this side of the border then there should be a delay whether the package is coming from Europe or the US. In any event, this is purely anecdotal after a few shipments. I am sure our post office is no speedy gonzales either.