The pipe should be free

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All in all, international shipping is a pain in the rump, but the shipping has very little to do with it. Whether private or public sector, the problems always happen when a government is trying to squeeze a few extra bucks out of its citizens, often under the guise of "keeping us safe" shipping TO the US is just as bad: a package can sit for WEEKS in a warehouse in Miami, but if it comes in through a more efficient port of entry, there is no hiccup in delivery at all.

I think another thread suggested labeling the type of products we buy and sell as "candlemaking supplies" and the whole process seems to streamline itself.

I have this mental image of my box of Condor sitting on some guy's desk, with the fellow twiddling a Snidely Whiplash moustache and doing a Dr. Evil Laugh dreaming about the duties he is going to charge me.

jefe1037":s0827ndm said:
I think another thread suggested labeling the type of products we buy and sell as "candlemaking supplies" and the whole process seems to streamline itself.
This works great until you're caught out. One guy, from another forum, was notified that he owed almost $360 (he quoted GBP) on a few ounces of tobac that he ordered. How dare the Royal Mail open his package of candle making supplies!?! They open craft supplies and tea towels too :(
As far as I know only one of my packages sent to England was opened and inspected. Lucky it wasn't tobac. That time.
When it comes to sending tobac into Great Britain or the EU, "ye pays yer money and ye takes yer chances."
When it comes to how I disguise my packages...I'm keeping mum. After all, if more than one person knows something it isn't secret anymore.