the proposed tobacco tax increase..

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puros_bran

Reaction score
Maybe belongs in the Rubber Room but I'm going to put it here.....

When I signed the petition it told me only 11 other people from Kentucky had signed the thing... THAT PISSES ME OFF! Guys if you don't at least sign an electronic petition it's ridiculous to bitch about it when your fav baccy company goes out of business!

Get your friends and family members to sign it too!

How about putting up a sticky with a link to the petition and to the text of the proposition itself?

Its already here...https://www.brothersofbriar.com/the-round-table-f12/bill-introduced-to-further-raise-federal-tax-on-pipe-tobacco-t7502.htm

but..Here.

puros_bran":vw90mwmj said:
Guys if you don't at least sign an electronic petition it's ridiculous to bitch about it when your fav baccy company goes out of business!
I have to exercise my literal mindedness here..........If you helped put an administration in office knowing before hand that they would ram every tobacco tax and every other kind of tax down our throats, with a president that vowed to sign every one of the bills that comes across his desk, don't bitch!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your going against your own logic that the people were duped into believing a lie... but anyway, lets leave that aspect in the rubber room and stick with signing this e-petition...

puros_bran":kpdl8ztj said:
Your going against your own logic that the people were duped into believing a lie... but anyway, lets leave that aspect in the rubber room and stick with signing this e-petition...
That's just coming from the linear side of my brain! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Justpipes":mu9rsezy said:
Done with hard copies going out in the morning.
Hard copy mail with a personal voice really is the best for impact--that's how I'm addressing this to my local Congresscritters.

I signed petition a few days ago, and sent a letter yesterday.. I was the 10th from South Carolina to sign petision ...I forwarded it to all my friends...even the ones who dont smoke and asked for them to sign and send letters also....They all said yes...I just hope they do it.....We really need to take a stand on this...Rick

Did it a couple days ago, at the time I was like 16th in Va.
With Winslow in Richmond now I'm hoping he can go knock on some doors at the capital. Wake up ol Jeff Davis and kick some ass.

puros_bran":7edf1d9g said:
Maybe belongs in the Rubber Room but I'm going to put it here.....

When I signed the petition it told me only 11 other people from Kentucky had signed the thing... THAT PISSES ME OFF! Guys if you don't at least sign an electronic petition it's ridiculous to bitch about it when your fav baccy company goes out of business!

Get your friends and family members to sign it too!
Same here PB, I was #3 in Alabama. Come on guys !

Well I have my tobacco seeds on order. I plan on growning and curing my own.

Just in case some of my brothers might want to give it try, i have this link .

It is for the seeds and instructions. Also I have found on the web instructions for

blending.

http://www.seedman.com/Tobacco.htm

http://www.tobaccoblending.com/index.htm

I will try and keep everyone informed on how this goes, with updates on the growing

processing if ya'll a interested.

:D

There is an option on the petition where you can send physical letters as well. At the end you can choose to send the letters as well as the e-mail. It cost $3.00 per letter.
I have 3 representatives so it cost me $9.00. That is only the cost of 1 tin of tobacco. It is well worth it.
Send the letters as well, it will have a greater impact.

http://www.rallycongress.com/stop-the-pipe-tobacco-tax/2826/stop-pipe-tobacco-tax/

Did the online petition a few days ago. But knowing how few pipe smokers there really are in this country, my strategy is to stock a lifetime supply before this idiocy passes.

-Andrew

adauria":sfyl3zqu said:
Did the online petition a few days ago. But knowing how few pipe smokers there really are in this country, my strategy is to stock a lifetime supply before this idiocy passes.

-Andrew
Good strategy Andrew!

If I could afford a life time supply over the next month or so $25 a lb would not scare me.