The Super Bowl..

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tough one. I'd like to see Ray Lewis get a ring as he exits the stage. Most everyone thought Baltimore would fall easily to Payton Manning's Broncos, and then to Tom Brady's Patriots, but they're still here, on top. Are they world beaters? Love an underdog.

The 49ers. Young QB, can they handle the pressure? On paper they look like the better team, and if I were betting my own hard earned money I'd lay it on them. But, this is the superbowl, against a veteran team with an under rated QB and some seriously hungry grizzled veterans. My heart says Baltimore because of the intangibles. Watching the 49ers play all season long, I can't root against them, they're too good.

Damn, I can't pick one :lol:

I'm a life long 49er fan. For no other reason I want them to win their 6th.

Lewis got his ring in 2001 and mvp honors.

W - -Ravens. Solid defense, enough offense and a veteran team that hasn't come this far only to be turned back. Very good at capitalizing on opponent miscues. Can keep the ball and keep opponent O on the sideline.

L -- 49ers are explosive on O and a good D, but they have a contingent of rookies in the mix. I'm thinking the game will turn on miscues, and the 49ers are likely to make a couple.

I confidently predict that the game will be won by the Harbaugh coached team, about which I'm tired of hearing. This game is shaping up to be teevee for video radio for audio.

49ers. I don't think the Baltimore Browns can contain the 49ers offense.

I never offered my opinion knowing if I did Puff Daddy would automatically choose the other because he likes to be wrong, as it turns out he's just a natural at it..

Niners.

Old Dudes have been playing "remember when" absolute best ball they can... What I've seen of the Ravens Best they can be ball does not beat what I've seen of the Niners.... Only way Ravens do it is to find one more gear for RayRay.. I don't think they have it.. I've been wrong before though.

I like the niners quarterback.

I like what I see of how he leads and encourages.

That said I'm not emotionally invested in the outcome.

I cooked about 20lbs of brisket and will be taking it across the street to a neighbors later. I'm as interested in watching the opposing factions at the party as I am in watching the game :lol:

Other than celebrating that the snake Modell didn't live to see it...
and Ozzie the former Brown as the GM.. and AFC North pride..
and the team that Ronnie Lott built (screw Montana, Rice made him look way better just like Moss did that Vikings QB.. what was his name?) And despising the Ray Lewis, Ray Lewis, Ray Lewis crap while ignoring Frank Gore, Vernon Davis, Randy Moss et al... I'm not emotionally involved either.

Also... I find it interesting that the team that created West Coast football is playing more smash mouth than the team that has been built as a smash mouth team...

puros_bran":y34fndel said:
Other than celebrating that the snake Modell didn't live to see it...
and Ozzie the former Brown as the GM.. and AFC North pride..
and the team that Ronnie Lott built (screw Montana, Rice made him look way better just like Moss did that Vikings QB.. what was his name?) And despising the Ray Lewis, Ray Lewis, Ray Lewis crap while ignoring Frank Gore, Vernon Davis, Randy Moss et al... I'm not emotionally involved either.
Funniest post I've read today :lol:

I know I should probably start to get over the whole "Model moving the team," thing, but I can't. I don't particularly care for San Fran, but it'll be a cold day in hell before I pull for the Ravens. Go 'Niners, I suppose. Meh.

Lol.. looks like it might be a long game for the Niners... But its just the first two drives.

Niners have some ground to cover, keepin' Kaepernick's arm from rocketing passes out of control and finding chinks in the Raven's good defense...those interceptions were preventable, and thumbs-up to the Ravens for taking advantage of 'em. Only field goals ain't gonna win a game, though.

Halfway point, game ain't over, but it's fun and pretty damn tense!