The Super Bowl..

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank goodness I didn't put money on this game. I was saying SF by 14 for last 2 weeks. Baltimore looks amazing.

How long before Alex Smith gets put into the game.

Puff Daddy":7rxkirwo said:
Mozjo33":7rxkirwo said:
How long before Alex Smith gets put into the game.
Next september, when he's starting for the Browns.
Are you sure it won't be Tebow?!?!? :affraid:

With these power problems, they should have sold more advertising space. :scratch:

Methinks the Powers That Be for the Niners paid off the maintenance guys. lol: Musta been some big money riding on the game. :twisted: :conspiracygrin:

didn't they have a power loss last year too? or am I thinking of the outdoor winter classic ? I know I watched a sporting event with a similar problem last year

Well, the game turned into a good one after the Niners ran the ol' turn off the power play. Not the outcome I wanted, but it could have been worse. Ray Lewis could have won the MVP and we would've had to see that godaddy commercial a second time.

Congrats Ravens fans or old Browns fans.

gravel":1mes1dnu said:
Congrats Ravens fans or old Browns fans.
Yeah who's more depressed SF fans or those of the real Cleveland Browns? At least there was some drama to be had. I still can't stand Ray Lewis. The Harbaugh brothers are both class acts and do a helluva job. Their story was for sure the most intriguing subplot of SB 47.

A Beyonce wardrobe malfunction would have been nice too. Oh well. :p

Well,the niners certainly had their chance. Helluva job coming back and putting themselves in a position to try to steal it, and helluva job by Baltimore in hanging on at the end.

I don't like either team, so I wasn't too upset by the outcome.
But if I were a 49ers fan, I'd be thinkin' about obvious pass
interference that didn't get called 'til next fall.

I'm going to try and catch the parade in Baltimore. In 2001, I missed the hoopla, and I'm not sure when they'll be back again.

Hermit":38dvdgp0 said:
I don't like either team, so I wasn't too upset by the outcome.
But if I were a 49ers fan, I'd be thinkin' about obvious pass
interference that didn't get called 'til next fall.
I'm a Niner fan. I saw the play. Noncalls are part of the game. I'm not going to brood over it.

Yeah, those non calls went on all throughout that game. Basically the niners lost because they got spanked 28-6 in the first half and didn't have enough time in the second half to recover. In all fairness, if they didn't have that power outage to give them time to calm down and re-collect themselves, they,probably wouldn't have come back like they did. Baltimore was the better team that day. They did what a team has to do, play their best, most motivated, most emotionally charged football in the post season.

Heckuv an ending. Couldn't ask for much more in a football game. Didn't get many of the commercials. How come everyone in commercials these days talks so damn fast? Didn't watch the half-time show. Sounded like another damn singer who sounds as if her tit is caught in the wringer.

I missed the parade, work... and too much traffic into Baltimore. I did score a locker-room hat and nice Nike polo shirt. I still need a coffee mug to add to my much faded 2001 version...

Commericals: Most were not very funny, but I like these two:
- Mercedes- funny, the longer playing version is here:
https://twitter.com/MBUSA/status/298517784890068992
- VW's Jamaican white guy

The cause of the power failure was finally found.

gcares11.jpg