The Virginia Cream

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never seen a blend come online and jumped in with a decent order immediately before. Normally I decide that I want to try it. Then I pick up a tin (or sample if bulk) at some point. I may not smoke it right away either. When I do I'll decide to really get some in the future if I like it or to not if I don't like it. Such is my vague process of trying new blends. All that said, 5 tins ordered. This was the moment where I couldn't help myself.

Grabbed a few. An interesting direction for the GLP line. Looking forward to trying it.

I enjoy aromatic blends from time to time. Since this is from GLP, I'm sure the quality is there, so I'll probably pick up a tin or two to try.

I so wish I was in the States to buy a couple of tins. I don't do aromatics often, but this one sounds right up my alley. 'Tis a shame I live in a part of the world where pipe tobacco is basically nonexistent.

Fair play, that does look fantastic. A quick search of the regular UK sites has drawn a blank. Brilliant. This might need a little work...

Stick":eglsqr9w said:
Fair play, that does look fantastic.  A quick search of the regular UK sites has drawn a blank.  Brilliant.  This might need a little work...
If it's American made and it just released on smokingpipes.com today I'd imagine it a bit premature to look on UK sites. How long? I have no idea but that's my thought on that. I hope it comes to you all soon.

Brewdude":9kakujxf said:
This lost me when it said Bourbon/Vanilla topping....

:| 

Cheers?

RR
We must be of a different mind because that wasn't the least off-putting to me.

If it was any other blender I'd probably take a pass, but a Greg Pease blend with Virginia, Kentucky & perique and a light topping?

I like sweet complex blends, so I gotta try it.

DrumsAndBeer":uxvdnvq9 said:
If it was any other blender I'd probably take a pass, but a Greg Pease blend with Virginia, Kentucky & perique and a light topping?

I like sweet complex blends, so I gotta try it.
Yup, fer sure ... :cheers:

I'd like to point out that this is probably similar to most non-aromatics when it comes to aging and what not. It's not a goopy topping, it's apparently fairly light, subtle even. It might be like some of Pease's creations under the Two Friends label, like English Chocolate (which is fantastic, but barely an aromatic).