The Walking Dead

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s.ireland

Reaction score
Anyone else getting ready to smoke a bowl and watch the season 2 premier?

I wouldn't have missed it, but was glad the Sunday Night NFL game was a stinker. I love this show. None of my friends or family watch it, just laugh because it is a zombie show. I keep telling them it has a great story line and is well acted. The zombies are only part of the problem. It is definitely one of my favorite TV shows (also love Breaking Bad).

I'm with you on that one, Al... It's a great show that just happens to have a zombie element! Although, I am a fan of the zombie genre... Even at it's most cheesy!

I watched it last week and really liked it. I have yet to watch episode 2 but will catch it online.

"The Talking Dead", summary which airs at 11 PM on Sunday's is pretty interesting as well. 2nd episode shows a lot of promise, but only one zombie killed. Did anyone read the comic books? I had not as I'm not typically a fan of that style of book. They talked about parallels to the books on the summary show with the director, this past Sunday.

I too am a fan of this show.
And like Riff Raff , my family doesnt understand either.
I try telling them the story line , and how the group gets along and deals with things , is what makes the show.
But thats OK, I VDR it, and watch it after all have gone to bed, so it is my personal "quiet " time show.
Maybe thats why I like it so much ? :roll: Quiet time is rare around here.

Dusty

I watched all of Season One this week. I'll give you that they make-up the zombies better, and the woman with no legs crawling in the park was quite the macabre effect.
Although I very much enjoyed this zombie take and will watch for Season Two, I can't say that either the plot or the blood and guts elevated me into the stratosphere of zombie horror any more than the lower production Romero movies. I think I've seen every one.

I like the show very much.

There's no shame in enjoying zombie flicks, I'm kind of confused as to why people are admitting watching this show like they are borderlined ashamed of it. Its well made, decent acting, good plotline. I mean, I bet a lot of you watched lost, & that was definately stupid. lol

Daryl is also my favorite - he rides a Triumph chopper very much like mine (well, it was Merles...)
This season has shown the bike up close in several scenes, tonight he leads the group into the farm with it.

Simple Man":7pv0b5ov said:
Stackle2":7pv0b5ov said:
I like the show very much.

There's no shame in enjoying zombie flicks, I'm kind of confused as to why people are admitting watching this show like they are borderlined ashamed of it. Its well made, decent acting, good plotline. I mean, I bet a lot of you watched lost, & that was definately stupid. lol
LOL, I'm not ashamed, I just never watched tv, not in many years... and when I did, I NEVER watched horror shows or anything scary. So this show is really creepy to me. I keep asking myself what is wrong with me that it has a grasp on me. lol To make it worse, Darrel Dixon is my favorite character... now that his brother is gone. hahaha

I know it, me and the wife always watch it over a nice bowl and a hot cup of tea. I just started watching it at the begining of the second season. Sundays are dedicated to God, Football, and Zombies (in that order).

What a great episode and mid-season finale! Some swerves I didn't see coming. I haven't read the book, so the story line is always a surprise. I guess that I'll have to watch strictly football till February (well, "Hell on Wheels" is also pretty darn good).

Hey Riff Raff I enjoy Hell on Wheels too. Addictecd to Sons Of Anarchy.

Man, I love The Walking Dead. This season was a bit low key compared to last season but the season finale made it all worthwhile. Good zombie movies are my guilty pleasure. Love Zombieland and Shaun of the Dead. I have both seasons DVR'd and locked so my wife can't erase them. :lol: