The Walking Dead

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be watching the finale tomorrow evening. Amazon is great... glad the finale wasn't a dud.

Just started watching The Walking Dead.

I like it, and I sort of don't. It's gripping, but they kind of milk the tension a little...I lose interest after the first minute and a half of "the hook" they use. Fortunately, they scene change a lot, so that's refreshing. It's like watching the best video game ever made, checkpoint after checkpoint, oh damn, lost another key player (but I forgot to save)...

...I'm doing this over Netflix, so Season 2 ain't up for me yet.

The characters grabbed and held me, just enough zombie gore to be interesting. Season 2 really sets a standard. It's also worth watching the online only mini-episodes at the AMC homepage.

Just finished the mid season finale. That was great. Gotta love zombies... as long as there's plenty of ammunition around. :twisted:

Zeno Marx":8see751a said:
Dale gone. Thank you. Now, Carl. Please.
I agree, Carl is pretty annoying. Dale sure did go out with a flourish! They described the special effects used last night during "The Talking Dead" after show (which is pretty good). These last two episodes should be pretty exciting.

I'm waiting to see someone, anyone, put a bullet through Shane's mug. If they can't find his mug, his head will do.

Zeno Marx":ys1z5f5c said:
Couldn't agree more. Maybe after the initial shock Rick will finally be able to think clearly!

I'm glad there's finally some action though. Can someone explain to me where T Dawg has been these last five episodes???

s.ireland":9a82vfrn said:
Zeno Marx":9a82vfrn said:
Couldn't agree more. Maybe after the initial shock Rick will finally be able to think clearly!

I'm glad there's finally some action though. Can someone explain to me where T Dawg has been these last five episodes???
He was "getting the shotgun" last I heard. The last few episodes have been limited to just a few cast members.

riff raff":pol7447b said:
s.ireland":pol7447b said:
Zeno Marx":pol7447b said:

He was "getting the shotgun" last I heard. The last few episodes have been limited to just a few cast members.
Ha! That's true. More screen time in this last episode than he's gotten in the past 3 episodes though... And his only line was during the execution debate: "What are we gonna do with the body?"

when you want every single character on the show gone, does that imply you don't like the show?

Wow, a great episode last night. Season finale is next week, it should be a dozy.

So, what did you think? Enough zombie carnage to get you thru till summer?
I have not read the comic book, and apparently the hooded figure is an important character. Seeing that shot was the first time I've thought "this is based on a comic book".
There appears to be plenty of story line to carry into Season 4...

I'm not sure what I think of that finale. Not disappointing, which I want to acknowledge. Hollywood is HORRIBLE at ending a season, and while this one didn't blow my mind or feel greatly satisfying, I didn't feel like it was a clusterfuck or cheesy way out of anything.

Besides, one of the top TV shows ever created starts next weekend in its place. I've been waiting eighteen months for its return.

Zeno Marx":6xapsqc5 said:
I'm not sure what I think of that finale. Not disappointing, which I want to acknowledge. Hollywood is HORRIBLE at ending a season, and while this one didn't blow my mind or feel greatly satisfying, I didn't feel like it was a clusterfuck or cheesy way out of anything.

Besides, one of the top TV shows ever created starts next weekend in its place. I've been waiting eighteen months for its return.
So are we. We got a kick out of the commercials saying the "zombies are back".

reviving an old thread....

After the premiere of Season 7 this past Sunday, I think I'm done with the show.

Anyone else still watch?

That was the most horrific television event I've ever witnessed.

But I'm talking about that Seahawks/Cardinals game.

I loved the season opener for TWD, hooked now more than ever to see where it goes with Negan (who hit a solid 2 for 2).

Only regret was that Carl kept his arm.

Everyone is crybabying about these fictitious people who live like savages in a dystopian apocalypse... SMH!
You wanna see barbaric get sucked into GoT. Lol.