This cold weather is putting a real dent in my piping :-(

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Doody

Reaction score
Doody is NOT happy about it!

:x :x :x :x :x

Didn't get out of the teens today in Taxachusetts. With windchill, it'll be below zero tonight.

Tomorrow night I'm off to Euroland for a week on biz - temps forecasted to be in the mid to high 50s, so I'm loading up for bear to catch up for lost puffing time.

Stay warm out there, folks.

Brrrrrrrr,
Doody

Happy puffing! I know, after Kyle's experience, I'm not taking my meers out unless its in at least the mid-30s. On days when the wind chill is nasty, well, the car is usually warm enough to smoke in if it's too cold to walk!

Feeling the pain. Last time I even tried to smoke was Monday and between the wind, the cold and my lighter not working well (despite keeping it warm) it did not work well. It was not helped that I was trying a new pipe style - my zeppelin (more on this later as I get another chance to try it).

Time like this I really wish I could still smoke inside.

18 below as I head to work, zero sounds luxurious.

Same sentiments here in MD. It's 15 degrees this morning and snowed a little last night. Last night, in the workshop, I had the propane heater roaring and it was cozy, but that gets annoying. Tonight, I'm off to a VA shop (JB Hayes) with a few other pipe forum members to enjoy some cozy pipe shop smoking. I've been looking forward to that.

Haven't smoked since before x-mas. traveling and weather. if it isn't the cold, it is the high winds. but I'm thankful for no snow to shovel, though the farmers curse me for saying so.

Cold I can deal with. It's been cold this winter, for sure. :| I've been out in the single-digits for the last month, and it hasn't been too bad...

...Zeno's right: the wind sucks. Northern Nevada's winds are legendary. :|

Hang in there, guys, only half dozen weeks until it starts to turn. Days are gettin' longer, and if you're east of the Rockies in a state that borders Canada, you're used to it anyway, but shoot for May? :lol:

This morning was nearly zero with the wind chill but this afternoon was a rather pleasant eighteen degrees. And the wind of the last week was nothing more than a gentle breeze. Was able to enjoy a nice pipe as I walked back to the apartment after work.

I think it was almost 70 here today. Got kind of warm in the sun....

I too have been unable to enjoy the pipe much these last few weeks because of the cold. They say next week is suppose to be a little warmer.

riff raff":94t5356u said:
Tonight, I'm off to a VA shop (JB Hayes) with a few other pipe forum members to enjoy some cozy pipe shop smoking.
JB Hayes that's in Winchester, right? I haven't been there yet but when I visit the family in Martinsburg (WV) I typically frequent the King Street Emporium (http://www.kingstreetemporium.com) for my baccy needs.

friar_jay":3vruf9fa said:
I too have been unable to enjoy the pipe much these last few weeks because of the cold. They say next week is suppose to be a little warmer.

riff raff":3vruf9fa said:
Tonight, I'm off to a VA shop (JB Hayes) with a few other pipe forum members to enjoy some cozy pipe shop smoking.
JB Hayes that's in Winchester, right? I haven't been there yet but when I visit the family in Martinsburg (WV) I typically frequent the King Street Emporium (http://www.kingstreetemporium.com) for my baccy needs.
That is in Winchester. They also have a shop inside the mall in Fair Oaks, VA. A forum member there last night is from Martinsburg, he also mentioned the place.

Winter's why the good lord made central heat and summer's why he made Central Air. Since I paid for my house I smoke INSIDE my house! Haven't missed a smoke in years regardless of the temps :twisted: :twisted:

Mr. Doody":dynbitv4 said:
don't make me come and slap you, Slide!

:)

doody.
Funny! My wife said that very thing to me about 3 minutes ago :lol:

monbla256":ujn1xkgm said:
Winter's why the good lord made central heat and summer's why he made Central Air. Since I paid for my house I smoke INSIDE my house! Haven't missed a smoke in years regardless of the temps :twisted: :twisted:
Agree. I'll smoke anytime I want in my own house.

Cheers,

RR

monbla256":2fy3mgtv said:
Other than when your daughter was visiting.

Sincerely, foregoing smoking in the house then was considerate of you.

20 degrees here this morning in Maryland. BUT, after a week, it looks like the cold snap is ending. I just ran out of propane for my heater, so hopefully workshop temps will be back in the high 50's again unassisted. This was getting old. (or perhaps I am...)