This is What Happens when you don't Pay Attention

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does my heart good to watch a couple of old codgers batting it back and forth like this. Good fun indeed!

:lol!:

:cheers:

Cartaphilus":7h873n61 said:
monbla256":7h873n61 said:
Cartaphilus":7h873n61 said:
monbla256":7h873n61 said:
With all the lousy  pipes with goof-ups you have done and shown us I'd say you probably ought to just give up trying to make pipes. It's obvious you don't know how or what you are doing as YOU have shown and told us time after time so just quit doing it!! If you can't make a PERFECT pipe EVERY time you make one why do it? I mean The White Spot, Savinelli and others ALAYS make PERFECT pipes so why bother ? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Shut up old man and buy a pipe from me, at least then you'll really have something to complain about.
Hey, if I give up what does that say about me? Sooner or later I'll be happy with what I've made.
Too bad you won't be around to see it.
Both sides of my family have lived well into their 90's so we'll see ! :twisted: :twisted:
Damn! I gotta put up with you that long, Oh well! what's 5 or 10 years anyway, I can wait.
Your math is slipping old man, 90- 69 = 21 :twisted: :twisted:

monbla256":94mhfmh5 said:
Cartaphilus":94mhfmh5 said:
Cartaphilus":94mhfmh5 said:
With all the lousy  pipes with goof-ups you have done and shown us I'd say you probably ought to just give up trying to make pipes. It's obvious you don't know how or what you are doing as YOU have shown and told us time after time so just quit doing it!! If you can't make a PERFECT pipe EVERY time you make one why do it? I mean The White Spot, Savinelli and others ALAYS make PERFECT pipes so why bother ? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Shut up old man and buy a pipe from me, at least then you'll really have something to complain about.
Hey, if I give up what does that say about me? Sooner or later I'll be happy with what I've made.
Too bad you won't be around to see it.
Both sides of my family have lived well into their 90's so we'll see ! :twisted: :twisted:
Damn! I gotta put up with you that long, Oh well! what's 5 or 10 years anyway, I can wait.
Your math is slipping old man, 90- 69 = 21 :twisted: :twisted:
Oh! I'm sorry, I was going by your Avatar
Well, At least I'll have a couple of good years left. ;)

Always fun to see someone go at monblablabla with a well practiced two by four!

OK - seriously though -

Two things:

First, please, please don't do a rustication like on that Stanwell and leave a heart, or an owl or mushroom...whatever smooth. I just hate a partly rusticated strummel. Just my druthers I know.  

And second...instead of being all p.o.'d about having it turn out not to your liking...embrace the screw up...make it even MORE off...WAY off...and call it a "drunken Stan" or something. Or like those roadside "House of Mystery" places where the rooms are all squeejawed and whatnot...the "Pipe of Mystery"!!!  

Well, it was a thought.

Blackhorse":pgcqiv5z said:
Two things: First, please, please don't do a rustication like on that Stanwell and leave a heart, or an owl or mushroom...whatever smooth. I just hate a partly rusticated strummel. Just my druthers I know.  And second...instead of being all p.o.'d about having it turn out not to your liking...embrace the screw up...make it even MORE off...WAY off...and call it a "drunken Stan" or something. Or like those roadside "House of Mystery" places where the rooms are all squeejawed and whatnot...the "Pipe of Mystery"!!!  

Well, it was a thought.
Well, I did rusticate it, just the top portion above the line and about an 1/8" from the very top (no hearts or other designs).
Doesn't look too bad but being the pit was so deep and had to be filled it still shows a bit in contrast.
I'll take some photos later maybe. Been busy screw'en other pipes up today. ;)

Oh yeah...like a Black-n-Tan kind of pattern. No...that would look good.

Everyone always yaps about how pits don't bother 'em...part of the zen of the wood, etc. But when you've been sanding and shaping and everything is just teetering on the brink of perfection...and you open up a hole big enough to shine a flashlight into looking for crystal formations...you know...the kind National Geographic wants to do a special on? Well, it's kind of disappointing. I know.

Cartaphilus":lphbo7ey said:
Been busy screw'en other pipes up today. ;)

Take your "screw ups" label them as "wabi-sabi" pipes and sell them for a fortune!

Wabi-sabi definition in case you're not familiar... "a comprehensive Japanese world view or aesthetic centered on the acceptance of transience and imperfection. The aesthetic is sometimes described as one of beauty that is "imperfect, impermanent, and incomplete"."

ADDED: In all seriousness though, wabi sabi is a view that I very much appreciate. Imperfections caused by time, accident or age, to me just adds a warmness to an object.

Blackhorse":rewer4k7 said:
Oh yeah...like a Black-n-Tan kind of pattern. No...that would look good.

Everyone always yaps about how pits don't bother 'em...part of the zen of the wood, etc.  But when you've been sanding and shaping and everything is just teetering on the brink of perfection...and you open up a hole big enough to shine a flashlight into looking for crystal formations...you know...the kind National Geographic wants to do a special on? Well, it's kind of disappointing. I know.
Black and Tan, actually black and Saddle Tan. ;)
Yep, getting a pit is the pits specially when it's a big one, itty bittys I can handle.

Simple Man":pzw2tlvl said:
Cartaphilus":pzw2tlvl said:

Take your "screw ups" label them as "wabi-sabi" pipes and sell them for a fortune!

Wabi-sabi definition in case you're not familiar... "a comprehensive Japanese world view or aesthetic centered on the acceptance of transience and imperfection. The aesthetic is sometimes described as one of beauty that is "imperfect, impermanent, and incomplete"."

ADDED: In all seriousness though, wabi sabi is a view that I very much appreciate. Imperfections caused by time, accident or age, to me just adds a warmness to an object.
Wabi Sabi, hmm, I think we'll just keep it American and call them Turds and keep'em or giv'em away. Nothing wishy washy or taking a degree in college to understand there my friend.

Cartaphilus":8pdurkat said:
Simple Man":8pdurkat said:
Cartaphilus":8pdurkat said:

Wabi Sabi, hmm, I think we'll just keep it American and call them Turds and keep'em or giv'em away. Nothing wishy washy or taking a degree in college to understand there my friend.
:lol!: You're one of a kind.

Yeah, yeah, yeah..........in my defense, I was having a bad day. :fpalm: