This is What Happens when you don't Pay Attention

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I finally found enough time to photo this sad pipe after it's rustication.
But, I'm still gona keep it and put it in my rotation, outta smoke Dunhill 965 well I bet. ;)

Thanks guys
Gona have to make another and pay attention this time. ;)

Blackhorse":hfbo2ciy said:
Is there a reason you put your stamp on the top of the shank instead of underneath?
It seemed the easiest place to put it regarding my setup, although many makers have stamped there's on the side of the shank rather then on the bottom. I don't see a problem stamping it anywhere on the pipe except on the side of the bowl.
Stamping these damn things is probably one of the hardest things to do and do well as you can see only part of my stamp showed up on this one. If there buying my pipes for the stamping I better give up now cause I'm not getting any better at it. :fpalm:
Maybe by my hundredth pipe I'll get it right.......maybe.

Cartaphilus":exvjtl0u said:
Blackhorse":exvjtl0u said:
Is there a reason you put your stamp on the top of the shank instead of underneath?
It seemed the easiest place to put it regarding my setup, although many makers have stamped there's on the side of the shank rather then on the bottom. I don't see a problem stamping it anywhere on the pipe except on the side of the bowl.
Stamping these damn things is probably one of the hardest things to do and do well as you can see only part of my stamp showed up on this one. If there buying my pipes for the stamping I better give up now cause I'm not getting any better at it. :fpalm:
Ok, I'm not a crafty guy, so I have no knowledge about doing these "pipe things" right. But I know they make custom mini branding irons that brand a logo in. Would that not work to put a clean looking logo on a pipe? I'm guessing probably not, since I don't think I've seen anyone do it.

Simple Man":8zptr7i6 said:
Cartaphilus":8zptr7i6 said:
Blackhorse":8zptr7i6 said:
Ok, I'm not a crafty guy, so I have no knowledge about doing these "pipe things" right. But I know they make custom mini branding irons that brand a logo in. Would that not work to put a clean looking logo on a pipe? I'm guessing probably not, since I don't think I've seen anyone do it.
Basically that's what I'm using, I just don't heat it in a fire cowboy
Getting the WHOLE stamp to impress and impress equally is a whole nother thing my friend.

Cartaphilus":ah368taf said:
Simple Man":ah368taf said:
Cartaphilus":ah368taf said:
Blackhorse":ah368taf said:
Basically that's what I'm using, I just don't heat it in a fire cowboy
Getting the WHOLE stamp to impress and impress equally is a whole nother thing my friend.
Add more heat! Heat it till it glows red! :pirate: :lol: