Throw some Va/Pers at me

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave, two come to mind... Marlin Flake and St. James Woods which in my opinion tastes like Blackwoods Flake with perique.

Dave_In_Philly":9au62fi7 said:
I forgot about 2015. I have plenty of it on hand, but I found it too harsh, so stuck it in a couple of jars in the back of the closet with a note to myself not to touch them for five years.

Dave, a few yrs of age does wonders for this. And I'm talking only about 2-3 yrs here. I'm working off some '10 stock, but it was good to go in '12/'13 when I acquired it.

Cheers,

RR

SpeedyPete":ob9819y6 said:
 Peterson's Irish Oak is a very nice VA but not strong enough in the perique sector.  So I just add enough perique to suit my taste.
Really? When I smoke Irish Oak, I always think they put a ton of Perique (Green River Burley most likely) in there...... :suspect:

DoverPipes":079umf34 said:
SpeedyPete":079umf34 said:
 Peterson's Irish Oak is a very nice VA but not strong enough in the perique sector.  So I just add enough perique to suit my taste.
Really? When I smoke Irish Oak, I always think they put a ton of Perique (Green River Burley most likely) in there...... :suspect:
I smoke VaPers 95% of the time. Maybe my tastebuds are damaged :oops: