Tigger\'s crash

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a "big" blow to the PGA. When Tiger took a year off due to an injury, the TV ratings went way down.

The PGA crafts an image of a "gentleman's sport".

Rarely has this kind of incident been made public. John Daly is seen as a one with this kind of behaviour, but outside of Daly, I can't think of another. Daly is still popular as he is seen as one who is battling demons and alcoholism and people pull for him to get his life together.

I sense that Tiger is not popular among his fellow golfers. He is extremely competitive, swears using the "f-bomb" when he misses a shot (that's where I got the habit) and never gives an inch to his competitors.

I could care less about Tiger Woods, but Tigger? What a wonderfully erudite and revealing play on a word we have here. Clever. Clever!

You know, if not much else, how to spell Tiger. We all grew up on the Ponderosa, in love with Aunt B and Andy, Miss Kitty, and Tony the Tiger. It's GREAT! Longing for the phoenix of the 'Old South' rising, where tiggers knew their place, and if they started to forget, a trip to a tree was all it took to remind; 'strange fruit.' Where slavery was a benign institution, with happy ''s ok, we's all gittin 'long jes' fine massuh boss, (grin, shuffle-shuffle)' tiggers. Stevie Wonder, the sun shining on the wicked as well as the righteous, makes us smile. The war between the states an uncalled-for 'war of northern aggression.' Tigger calls himself a tigger, fer cryin' out loud! Of course.

My parents didn't teach racial distinctions in their warnings about 'ignorant trash.' To me, their lack of warnings about racism was parental malpractice. I learned it from other people, getting a grade less with a higher score, 'no mechanical ability' with a certified IQ of 164. (My ten things about me are that the shock of my life was to learn that I'm only an average genius. Gack!) To their credit, or not, I can positively say that no 'race' is better or worse than any other. This I know for a fact. People are people, with the good, bad, and ugly, everywhere you look.

On the way to a city band practice in high school, a tenor saxophone player named Gary Davis made the cute comment that 'it smells like tigger sh*t here' as we were driving past a field. I must have flinched, as now, for him to say, 'but, you're not a tigger.'

Mickey Schwerner didn't die in Philadelphia, Mississippi, for me to decide that tigger jokes are funny. Or that people who think this is fine and dandy, no biggie, are from 'good people.' Much ado about nothing. Indubitably. 'We's gittin' 'long.' This, obviously acceptable here, entendre is bad karma. Worse, to keep quiet and let it slide. Associating with 'ignorant (racist) trash' is a greater sin than chomping down on a side of bacon, and I'm almost vegetarian trying to keep kosher. I'm willing to say 'brother,' Pass the hot sauce!? Of course.

True enough, 'tain't raight' to show up at a 'Southern' barbecue, and complain about the pig on the spit. 'What'd ya' 'spect?,' be glad it's a pig. [Did I get a laugh? Now, tha's funny, I don't care who ya' are.] Y'all go'on and Enjoy now. Ya' hear?

Herzl, I guess I'm to white and racist to have got it.. I assumed he meant Tigger from Pooh who was a Tiger..
But lay meaning on it if you wish...

Either way its a stupid thing to have on the 6am,7am,8am, 9:30 am update, news at noon, 2:30 pm update, Fox at 4, Live at 5, the 6o'clock news, the 7pm late news.. the tops at 10, the 11'o'clock nightly news, and the Letterman Show..
A golfer hit a hyrdant or whatever and it looks like his wife beat his head.. big deal, press charges or let it go.

Damn, I didn't give it any more thought than perhaps a typo. I've never seen any suggestion of racism in anything I've ever read by LL anywhere on this board. :roll:

As a lover of sport, this is a significant story. It's sad. I've never considered Tiger any less than the best, but my fear is that because it is such a "protected' sport... his personal life will be a factor with a question posed "Who is the greatest?'.

It is a sport like none other and character is a big factor in golf.

Herzl":2cu63hf7 said:
I could care less about Tiger Woods, but Tigger? What a wonderfully erudite and revealing play on a word we have here. Clever. Clever!

You know, if not much else, how to spell Tiger. We all grew up on the Ponderosa, in love with Aunt B and Andy, Miss Kitty, and Tony the Tiger. It's GREAT! Longing for the phoenix of the 'Old South' rising, where tiggers knew their place, and if they started to forget, a trip to a tree was all it took to remind; 'strange fruit.' Where slavery was a benign institution, with happy ''s ok, we's all gittin 'long jes' fine massuh boss, (grin, shuffle-shuffle)' tiggers. Stevie Wonder, the sun shining on the wicked as well as the righteous, makes us smile. The war between the states an uncalled-for 'war of northern aggression.' Tigger calls himself a tigger, fer cryin' out loud! Of course.

My parents didn't teach racial distinctions in their warnings about 'ignorant trash.' To me, their lack of warnings about racism was parental malpractice. I learned it from other people, getting a grade less with a higher score, 'no mechanical ability' with a certified IQ of 164. (My ten things about me are that the shock of my life was to learn that I'm only an average genius. Gack!) To their credit, or not, I can positively say that no 'race' is better or worse than any other. This I know for a fact. People are people, with the good, bad, and ugly, everywhere you look.

On the way to a city band practice in high school, a tenor saxophone player named Gary Davis made the cute comment that 'it smells like tigger sh*t here' as we were driving past a field. I must have flinched, as now, for him to say, 'but, you're not a tigger.'

Mickey Schwerner didn't die in Philadelphia, Mississippi, for me to decide that tigger jokes are funny. Or that people who think this is fine and dandy, no biggie, are from 'good people.' Much ado about nothing. Indubitably. 'We's gittin' 'long.' This, obviously acceptable here, entendre is bad karma. Worse, to keep quiet and let it slide. Associating with 'ignorant (racist) trash' is a greater sin than chomping down on a side of bacon, and I'm almost vegetarian trying to keep kosher. I'm willing to say 'brother,' Pass the hot sauce!? Of course.

True enough, 'tain't raight' to show up at a 'Southern' barbecue, and complain about the pig on the spit. 'What'd ya' 'spect?,' be glad it's a pig. [Did I get a laugh? Now, tha's funny, I don't care who ya' are.] Y'all go'on and Enjoy now. Ya' hear?
Go read Winnie the Pooh. Then you might get LL's "play on words".

With your certified IQ and all.

A high IQ don't necessarily mean you're smart, apparently. :lol:

Rad

Indeed. LOL The alternate meaning Herzl assumes I intended never even occurred to me until reading his post.

My wife (now ex) always had a soft spot for Tigger of the Pooh story, and in his early days found Tiger the golfer adorable for his winning smile and ways. Did a few lines from the "Tiggers have springs (for legs)" rhyming ditty when he'd win, and etc. To me, he's been "Tigger" ever since.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg

Erudite and revealing? Sometimes a cigar is only a cigar, Herzl.

What's funny to me is "Tiger" seems to be a reference to his Asian heritage. Wouldn't his real nickname be more racially offensive? :lol:

LL":9bp930ny said:
Indeed. LOL The alternate meaning Herzl assumes I intended never even occurred to me until reading his post.

Never occurred to me either.
In fact, it's quite a stretch. :roll:

Herzl's been spending too much time with Heffalumps and Woozels....... (Beware!)