Tobacco suggestions?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laherb

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Latakia. At the moment i'm enjoying Penzance quite a bit, i really like the creaminess that it has. I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions on some other blends to try?

Big latakia = Commonwealth from Samuel Gawith. Old Ironsides from CAO/dan was also a major lat bomb, but it's tough to find now. I think there's a few of the Hermit ones... the Captain Earle's series, that have a big dose too.... Ten Russians? I can't remember rightly.

But Commonwealth is very very good, and easy enough to find when there aren't Gawith droughts.... I don't know the current situation for that particular blend.

Save yourself some time and just go straight to the good Burley blends. That is where you will eventually end up. Unless you have taste like FTRPLT, but he is a little weird. :lol:

affraid.gif

Justpipes":bgwlytdz said:
Save yourself some time and just go straight to the good Burley blends. That is where you will eventually end up. Unless you have taste like FTRPLT, but he is a little weird. :lol:
I beg your pardon!!! I resemble that remark :lol:

Brother Laherb....If you like Penzance, try Margate also. Check out the lat-weed blends from GL Pease, G&H, Samuel Gawith, Charles Fairmorn, C&D, McClellands, Pipes&Cigars house blends, LJ Peretti's, or Pipeworks&Wilke. Give Spillman's Mixture a try also, even though it has a bit of (cough, cough!!) burley in it :tongue: I keep about all of these around. I'll bet you find a few you like also!! FTRPLT

Also...Be very careful not to pay too much attention to a guy who talks about "good Burley blends" when he is really trying to get you to smoke something called Walnut! :affraid:

I'd second GL Pease for their complexity and quality, however Star of the East and Lancer Slices! You have heard of Quadrophenia, this is Latrophenia!

There are so many good latakia blends out there, it should be a great adventure just trying them. I happen to like C&D Epiphany for a light lat. blend, and Uhle's Bishops Move for a heavy one. The Lancers Slices listed above is also a very reasonably priced, heavy latakia flake that mixes well with other flakes.

I've also noticed a fair amount of good and often aged latakia blends up for trade on several boards, usually by puffers that seem to be moving from latakia to Virginia blends (as the often offer up tins or loose baggies of latakia blends to trade for tins of Virginia blends). You might be able to get a bunch of different blends to try in one swoop?

Natch

ftrplt":k4svkwsb said:
Justpipes":k4svkwsb said:

Also...Be very careful not to pay too much attention to a guy who talks about "good Burley blends" when he is really trying to get you to smoke something called Walnut! :affraid:
:lol!: