Todays virtual smoker

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
chksbak":giphuaej said:
my internet was down so i could not get into the chat room, but i did fill up one of my von ercks with star of the east and smoke it at 3. and sat wishing i could get in the chat room.
Glad you are back up and running Chuck!

just so i lknow for future...where was the chat going on?

Davey, if you look underneath the left hand side of the "Brothers of Briar" header on the site you will see "Chat" next to "Home". Just click on it. If you look at the bottom of the site when on the home page you can see who is logged onto the site and also who is currently in the chat. Hope this helps.

Whatever this virus is, it sucks. Still running a fever. Throat is really bad. No focus, even my eyes hurt. Hopefully today will be the worst of it. Been 4 days now with no pipe.

Sorry to hear about the sickness, Joel, my wife has been sick, so that means I'll be next and I'll feel your pain. As for the smoke, sorry I missed it, but I worked the night before, slept till like 1 -ish, but there were a ton of people at the house when I woke up, none of which like my smoking, so I didn't get to smoke till about 3 a.m. on the second, but it was meant to be 12 hours prior, so consider me there in spirit from the future.

:pipe:

tin man":67u02l54 said:
jhuggett":67u02l54 said:
Hey Tin Man, what did you think of that Navy Cavendish? I picked up a couple tins but haven't yet popped on.
Huggie,
I really enjoyed my first bowl of the NC. I could not taste any rum, yet I could sure taste what the rum did to it. It was very deep for a McClelland VA, yet it was not too heavy or complex - just right. High quality broken flakes as you would expect from McClelland. The tin I was smoking from was 12 years old. There was no ketchup, no vinegar, no tang. A little on the dry side, just right for packing. It was a beautiful thing . . . . .

I'm having another bowl tomorrow! :pipe:
Just a quick update on the Navy Cavendish. I had my third bowl of it today, and for whatever reason, I could briefly taste the Rum in the first third of the bowl. Maybe it's because I smoked a much smaller pipe today, maybe it was the weather, or maybe my taste buds are finally recovered from that nasty virus . Funny............ once I could clearly identify the Rum, it make me consider what Pembroke is to Margate.

Try not to figure any of this out, it's just a follow up rambling of my initial impression of McClelland's Navy Cavendish.

FWIW, $0.02, YMMV