Trading Post Feedback (DEFUNCT--Please use BBBB)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc Manhattan

Reaction score
This sticky note is to offer public feedback on trades and sales in the Trading Post. A few guidelines:

0. This is not just for negative feedback. Share your good experiences. That's most of them, I think. :D

1. You must provide the specific transaction and member. No shorthand or nicknames.

2. Please wait to post until the transaction has either:
a. Been completed.
b. Gone two weeks without meaningful action by the other party.

3. Do not complain about the following:
a. A trade you were not involved in--"involved" meaning you sent something to the other party besides words. (That means no "Sorry bro, that sucks" posts. If this topic is going to be useful, it's got to be feedback only.)
b. Price you paid. (That's a problem you can avoid by not buying at a price you don't like.)
c. Unsuccessful trade offers.
d. Unsuccessful money offers. (Best Offer terms are not allowed anyway, remember? If a would-be customer is harrassing you with money offers, talk to a moderator.)
e. Goods delivered as advertised that you just didn't like.

4. On the rare occasion something went bad with a deal, be specific. Outside of real fraud, there is a subjective aspect to many complaints: "too late," "not as picture/described," etc. Calling someone a Very Bad Person is much less helpful than clearly saying "I paid on X date and waited until Y date to receive the package." Pictures are a big help, too.

5. On the flipside of this, if someone is specifically critical of your transaction, be a grownup about it. Postmarks, receipts, and delivery confirmation data don't lie. Best practices will avoid specific complaints every time.

6. Noncompliant or factually incorrect posts will be removed.

Last, AS ALWAYS, the BoB does not warrant any post nor transaction in the Trading Post, so caveat emptor. This topic is here to help you caveat but it is not fail-safe.

Thanks Doc. I'll start things off by moving my post over:

I entered into a transaction with talrmn35. My communication with him was great -- seems like a genuinely nice guy and very much lives up to the spirit of the first "B" in BoB -- and he delivered the agreed-to goodies carefully packaged (hell, it was over-packaged; you've got to love it when someone goes the extra mile) and on time. I'll send money and/or product to him without giving it a second thought.

Cheers,

ruta2

This is a great feature Doc. Thanks for instituting it.

I have several positive recommendations. Here's the first, and I'll post the others in due course:

I've completed two transactions with WingRider. His communication is excellent, he ships fast, and he delivers what he promises and then some. I recommend him highly, and am currently considering a third transaction. Trade with trust when dealing with WingRider.

thumbs.gif

Cheers,

RR

I have had extremely good interactions with the following people:

sorringowl - Seller - first person I dealt with on BoB. There was a bit of a miscommunication at first between us, but he did everything in his power to make it right, we digitally shook hands and everything was fine. He's a stand-up guy.

mgtarheel - Seller - aka "Mike." My first complete transaction ever on BoB. The guy might not have technological advancement like pictures and PayPal, but he's 100% legit, a wonderful fellow, and has included extra pipes...sometimes far after the transaction! Ships quickly, product better than described, swell to talk to on the phone!

Dave_In_Philly - Trader - for tobacco, he shipped fast, sent along the as-described 'baccy, and included a wonderful sampler selection of some stuff I might like--with good taste, too! Because of him, I'm on a whole new level with some of my tobacco smoking!

Stackle2 - Buyer - bought some 'baccy from me, paid up quickly and easy to work with.

Carlos - Secret Santa - definitely NOT a Grinch! Awesome guy!

Natch - Trader - Jeff couldn't be a better guy. Pipe trade, I got the better end of the bargain, truthfully, we both knew this up front. 8) I now have a backlog of tobacco to try thanks to him. Wonderful dude.

There were two other people I sold pipes to recently that paid promptly and were great--if they PM me, allow me to add both of you! I deleted the correspondence we had, so I can't remember who it was.

I have to give the BoB thumbs up to; :cheers:

Ol'Dawg :star: - An added gift in every package.

Zeno Marx :star: seller

puros_bran :star: seller

Storm_Crow :star: seller

s.ireland :star: seller

asmoke :star: seller

Hunter5117 :star: seller

I give a disappointed BoB thumbs down to; :no:

onabullit :( seller - no communication, transaction still incomplete.

Notes; contact for purchase 10-12-11, sent request PM for his PP acct info and sent PP payment on 10-14-11 as posted, after 5 days with no contact sent PM's and Emails 9 in all (he also had my phone number), at 10 days I contacted Admin's for advice, on 10-29-11 got pipe but no baccy no overcharge refund, on 10-31-11 got an email that refund/FVF would be sent (his only contact), as of today no contact and nothing has changed. (It's not about the money or the baccy)
https://www.brothersofbriar.com/t14032p15-pipes-for-sale

I've had wonderful transactions with the following members:

Gandlfpc: traded a Savinelli Roma with him for a Peterson 80s, he also threw in a tin of my favorite Frog Morton. The pipe was in beautiful condition.

Cigarsarge: traded my Bekler Meerschaum for his Bob Davison nose warmer pipe and a couple ounces of Squadron Leader. Everything went well and the pipe I received is very nice.

Sorringowl: I have bought a tobacco pouch and a journal from Frank and both are really magnificent and he is very personable and friendly and ships very fast.

Asmoke: I bought the most beautiful billiard pipe from Andrew (yep, y'all know the one) and it is even more remarkable in person! Very beautiful pipe indeed.

Mattia76: I bought a nice GBD billiard and a Comoy Canadian from this fellow on ebay and both were even better than I had anticipated. He is an excellent eBay seller as well as a wonderful brother here on BoB.

Also have to give a total thumbs up to Natch. I had a trade/trade offer up for some time. He responded and proceeded to bomb me with much more than I'd offered. Let that be a lesson to me!

:|

I've several others that are noteworthy of positive feedback. Yet I don't remember their screen name. Alas, this sub-forum does not seem to display pages beyond this one. Unlike the other forums where I can go back and look at threads on multiple pages. Why is that?

Cheers,

RR

I'll start with most recent trades and work back from there.

Kyle Weiss: we just traded pipes, he was incredibly friendly and fast. We both got what we wanted, and he even included a tin of Escudo.

Just did a deal with mattia76 for a couple pipes and I'm pleased as all getout!

If anything, they look even better in person than they did on the pics! He did one helluva job on the refurb, and I'll be proud to own and smoke these.

mattia76 is a first class act in all ways - great communication, fast shipping, items as promised, what's not to like? Not to mention a price point that was waaay to good to pass up!

thumbs.gif

daumenhoch.gif

8)

Cheers,

RR

Status
Not open for further replies.