Tusa Company Meerschaum Pipe

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silence2477

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone can tell me the approximate value of the pipe below. A gentleman has offered it to me, and I'm not sure what a fair value for the pipe is. From the research I have done it's not a high end pipe and I am thinking the value is somewhere between $50-75. Is that a fair value or am I way off base? I appreciate your help in advance.

that is definitely a fair price i would imagine.

im no meerschaum expert, but a piece of that size and quality is usually worth well over $100

you may wait to see what someone more knowledgeable than me to reply, but i think you are way underestimating its value

I've never owned a meerschaum pipe but wouldn't mind having one. I just don't want to spend more money than it's worth, and want to make sure I'm being fair to the person selling it as well. Hopefully others can provide input as well.

From the pics, ( though they are a bit fuzzy :twisted: ) it looks like $75.00 would probably be fair. Adjustable churchwarden style of figural meers usually go for almost 3 times more. But I would'nt have any qualms offering $75.00. JMHO :twisted:

I appreciate the advice. Blurry pictures are one of my biggest pet pieves.

The seller and I agreed on $100 which I hope was fair. Here are a few pictures that aren't blurry like the sellers. I would assume it's block and not pressed, but honestly have no clue. Is that something you can tell from the pictures or something you have to handle?

Tusa Company is into a bit of everything it appears :lol:

Great looking pipe.

I'm pretty sure the person that originally bought it got a free magic carpet also. :lol!: