Twin Peaks

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hadn't gotten far at all when I put it down last summer. Need to pull it out and finish and grab the second soon.

It starts with the Lewis & Clark expedition and what they find when they visit what becomes the Twin Peaks area.

It's basically a dossier written by one of the agents compiling what the FBI has uncovered about all the mysterious events thus far.

Finished up season 3 the other night.

What a weird and great series. But it clearly didn't resolve anything, at least IMHO. More questions than answers. Held my attention though. Riveting. Great acting.

Much hi-tech evident in the presentation. Way more so than seasons 1 and 2. Lynch and Frost clearly had their hands on this from start to finish. Unlike how season 2 waffled. MHO as always.

Need to re-watch this whole series from the beginning. And also get in the books. They may help explain things but I feel it will be another chapter in WTF?

Personally I don't think there is any logical explanation to the series. Rather it's just a combination of dramatic events which produces a complicated and convoluted story line with no outcome. Except possibly for that of the viewer.

e.g. make up your own conclusions and theories. And perhaps that's what Lynch and Frost really wanted to do in the first place. Keep folks talking and guessing to hold their interest.

That being the case, they sure hooked me!

images

Cheers,

RR

SourMilk":3gi6vu83 said:
I hadn't gotten far at all when I put it down last summer. Need to pull it out and finish and grab the second soon.

It starts with the Lewis & Clark expedition and what they find when they visit what becomes the Twin Peaks area.

It's basically a dossier written by one of the agents compiling what the FBI has uncovered about all the mysterious events thus far.
Sounds intriguing. I'll be checking it out in due course.

Cheers,

RR

Just finished re-watching the 1st and 2nd seasons. And have started re-watching season 3.

Catching much that I missed previously, but it sure would be good to have on-screen closed captioning as some of the dialogue is impenetrable. And it doesn't seem that I can program my equipment to decode this. Still, very enjoyable.

As I just moved from the immediate area some of this was filmed in, it helps me re-connect with it. I'm well familiar with the Mar-T Diner (actually called Twede's) as I drove by it daily on my way to and from the brewery.

And the Great Northern Lodge is known locally as the Salish Lodge (Salish is a Native American tribe indigenous to this area). The location of which was about a mile from our brewery.

The backdrop of the 'Twin Peaks" range is none other than Mt. Si, which dominates the landscape and which I passed under daily. The mountain was named after local homesteader Josiah "Uncle Si" Merritt. It's a dormant volcano caldera, and I've climbed it's ~4K' peak on a few occasions. One can view downtown Seattle and the Olympic Mt peaks to the west and Mt. Rainier to the south on a clear day.

I miss that area for the above mentioned features, but sadly after retiring I could not continue living there for various reasons.

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":ns6sy12y said:
Catching much that I missed previously, but it sure would be good to have on-screen closed captioning as some of the dialogue is impenetrable. And it doesn't seem that I can program my equipment to decode this. Still, very enjoyable.
RR
I've read that listening with headphones allows you to catch a lot of the subtle audio cues Lynch added to the score.

Jesse took me and another friend up to the top of Mt. Si and to the other TP related sights. Loved it and it is quite a beautiful, its truly a special place.

Finished up re-watching season 3 the other night. Very enjoyable and the sub-titles helped understand the dialog, which is often unintelligible. Still, it really doesn't bring this series to any kind of logical conclusion, which seems like what Frost and Lynch wanted. I'm OK with that.

Debating on whether to get in any of the books on TP. Perhaps better left to the mystery that it already is, as the reviews of the books don't seem to indicate any evidence that the scenes will be explained in a logical way. And I'm OK with that too.

Great series though.

Cheers,

RR

Twin Peaks was not made for the Fan Boy or viewer. Lynch made this as HIS Magnus Opus. Lotsa stuff we will never figure out!

herbinedave":ueehxvx1 said:
Twin Peaks was not made for the Fan Boy or viewer.  Lynch made this as HIS Magnus Opus.  Lotsa stuff we will never figure out!
Ain't that the truth!

Yet I'm OK with that. Lets one ponder the circumstances and outcome.

For now anyway, I'll stand down on getting in any of the TP books. But may see if they're available from my library if and when the need arises.

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":6un20oh0 said:
herbinedave":6un20oh0 said:
Twin Peaks was not made for the Fan Boy or viewer.  Lynch made this as HIS Magnus Opus.  Lotsa stuff we will never figure out!
Ain't that the truth!

Yet I'm OK with that. Lets one ponder the circumstances and outcome.

For now anyway, I'll stand down on getting in any of the TP books. But may see if they're available from my library if and when the need arises.

Cheers,

RR
Quite boring reads!