Two new Yakslon pipes join the party

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No problem Yuriy :)

It pleases me to think that my little picture thread can help to get someone else interested in purchasing one of your pipes.

(Even though I suspect the truth is that pipes as good as yours can pretty much sell themselves)

Great looking pipes, especially the first one. How do they smoke is the real question? Cool I'll bet?

They smoke damn well as a matter of fact. Just starting to really get broken in a little bit now. Nice carbon on the walls, starting to really bring out the flavor of their chosen blends quite well. With the bulldog I was torn a bit at first betwen GH Kendall Kentucky and John Patton's Storm Front. Both blends seem to smoke well in it, and I went back and forth a couple of bowls each before settling on the Storm Front, which makes for a reliably fantastic smoke in this bulldog.

The lovat I had initially used for John Pattons Va Squire, but after deciding that Va Squire really does do best in cobs (although it was quite good in Yuriy's pipe also), I now use the Lovat for slowly working my way through a couple ounces of Stonehaven that I was lucky enough to come across. This seems to be the perfect pairing so far. Hopefully I'll be able to replenish my supply of Stonehaven before what I have runs out, but if not I'll figure out something else I'm sure.

I've never had an issue with either pipe getting hot, but I smoke pretty slowly most of the time. Both always provide a cool smoke and excellent flavor, and the draw is perfect on both. The bits comfortable. Both are very light & well balanced, the lovat extremely so. Both on the small side compared to alot of what you see these days, but they are perfectly sized for my tastes.