Uhle's Blends

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artvandelay

Reaction score
As I sit here puffing on some DGT'ed Stonehaven, I read a post that made me take notice and look at the Uhle's website. Their blend #300 sounds appealing. Anyone here tried it?

Yes, it is appealing. Uhle's has a number of high end Burley blends that are very highly regarded.  00 is one of which I think highly. Also, I have a personal blend of various Burley's that is made from Unle tobaccos. It's pretty good stuff. I dug it out of my Cave of Wonders to detail here in case there was any interest. And, um...maybe even to sample again as an homage to the Last Day of Summer.

da Bomb...Burley Blend (a Blackhorse original recipe)

60% Uhle Perfection Plug
20% Uhle Crushed White Burley
10% Uhle Blend 00
10% Uhle Blend 255

If I was to do anything to the above blend I would adjust it so that there was approximately 10% of both Turkish and Cigar Leaf.

Me likey!
20140326_104153.jpg

I found the ingredients on that one (Blend 71) interesting...'Burned Cavendish'?  Hmmmm.

Anyway...I got all TAD after going through my cache and trotted over to the Uhle website (had to google 'Uhle tobacco out of state' to get that menu to come up). Then ordered a trio...the king, Blend 00, plus some support staff, Blend 300 and Perfection Cut Plug. The Blend 00 was a double portion...the other two were singles. Total with shipping = about twenty five bucks for 6 oz. Not cheap... but it's the best! That should take care of me for the Winter. I don't buy these Burley's to age 'em...just get enough to have it on hand. Fresh is fine.

http://uhles.com/Uhle_blends_out_of_state.htm

BTW: as we're creeping up on the season...be SURE to put Peretti's Thanksgiving Blend on your list of 'must have' orders for the Fall. It comes out in November on the Peretti website and it is absolutely a Do Not Miss event. So there.

I don't know this brand! Who manufactures it and where is it available?

Thank you mates. :D

My first real "pipe shop" was Uhle's down on Wisconsin Ave. next to the river. I occasionally order from them, and their Bishop's Move is one of my favorite Lat blends. They also do good things with cube cut burly.

Natch

A fellow Morley's member, the late Bob Runowski, was the guru of all things burley. He also knew heaps about other tobaccos, but he was 'beyond' those. He formulated great blends for C&D, such as Old Joe Krantz (his uncle), Billy Budd and Morley's Best. He told me the absolutely best burley was Uhle's 00.

hp
les

Natch":t7hlr4v2 said:
My first real "pipe shop" was Uhle's down on Wisconsin Ave. next to the river.  I occasionally order from them, and their Bishop's Move is one of my favorite Lat blends.  They also do good things with cube cut burly.

Natch
Hey look, it's a Natch sighting! Very rare these days, unfortunately.

My first pipe bowl was #255, and it's what my late Pap smoked exclusively. I figured if it was good enough for Pap it was good enough for me. Still enjoy it occasionally. I've also had a good few other blends from Uhle's and not a mutt in the litter.

Visited the shop on a few occasions, after I'd moved from Cheeseheadland. Pity I didn't avail myself of it when I lived there but wasn't into the pipe back then.

Cheers,

RR

Just had some Perfection Plug in an old Upshall bent. Good stuff, does everything a "plain" burley should. Thanks, DrumsAndBeer, I think. (If it was somebody else, I apologize--my record keeping is non-existent.)

Richard Burley":u1lrcyen said:
Just had some Perfection Plug in an old Upshall bent. Good stuff, does everything a "plain" burley should. Thanks, DrumsAndBeer, I think. (If it was somebody else, I apologize--my record keeping is non-existent.)
Glad you're enjoying the Perfection Cut Plug.  :D  I agree, that's good stuff.