Update and stuff

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fatman

Broken Pipe
Reaction score
Hey gang, I should be getting some boxes out in the mail tomorrow, for some of the people I have contacted about tobacco. Having some things to do seems to help a bit, and I apologize for the delay.

I have a couple of cardiology appointments in the morning, and plan on dropping by neurology and leaving a note for my doctor, or hopefully get to drop a line in her ear. My symptoms are getting progressively worse, and it is a bit concerning. Unfortunately my insurance denied a functional brain MRI that would really help determine what type of tumors I have, they say the specific test is "Unproven". She resubmitted the request, and if it gets denied again, I am going to just pay out of pocket to have it done. I would like a complete diagnosis and treatment plan, and get it started. Minimally I am going to ask for another regular MRI to see if any interval changes have occurred.

Man, I am thankful there is spell check on here!

Have a great week!

John

John,
Great to hear from you!! I really hope your insurance covers your type of MRI, your Dr. pushing for the test should help getting it approved.
Sorry to hear your symptoms are getting worse, your in my Prayers and thoughts. I've been wondering how you've been. I totally understand what you have too also deal with on a daily basis!!
Please keep us all up to date when you have the time and I truly hope better days are just ahead for you.
Have a better week and I'm glad your doing all you can at your end, just keep pushing your doctors!
Be well,Ted

May God Always Watch Over You

Insurance is a trickster. 'nuff said....

Sorry to hear your symptoms are pushing. It does sound like the doctor is pulling stops to get some results so she can get a mend going.

I await your next update, and your candle is still burning.

Jeez John, that's not good to read.

Fingers crossed the scan will get approved this time and you'll have a better idea of what you're dealing with.

Warm thoughts coming your way...

Stick.

Woof, so sorry to hear your insurance co. is making a difficult time worse--hopefully it'll take on the resubmit. In my experience having the doctor write on your behalf can actually make a difference with getting "unproven" things approved. Good luck, we're all pulling for you!

hope all the appointments have good results and come out perfectly i am praying for you sir.

That is terrible news to hear John, fingers and toes crossed for you over here. I pray you can get the scans done quickly so that your doc can get onto whatever's going on.

Best of luck.

Tim

Sorry to hear the insurance is being difficult. Chin up though in my experience having a Dr willing to go to bat for you greatly increases your odds of getting the necessary testing covered. They will bitch and moan but usually give in. Stay strong my friend. Remember to take the time to take care of yourself. Its remarkable what a mood changer some stupid little thing can be. If you want an extra cookie by God have it man, you certainly deserve it. Prayers and all the mojo I can muster headed your way.

Jim

Nasty business for sure. So sorry all this is going on.

Re sorting things out: You mentioned getting your pipes gone Not a pleasant thing to have to do...but if you HAVE to...You might consider sending them as a batch to Ocelot (Blue Room Briars) a long term member here and a solid guy. He would likely do an itemized inventory and per pipe offer for your consideration. He did that for me when he was starting up and I was very pleased with his professionalism.

Of course, job ONE is you finding the best treatment plan and beating this. So get one to it, mister.

I know that you are loved here. All of us wish for the best possible outcome for you.

My best wishes to you, John. I had a family member go through some of what you described with doctors and insurance companies. it's not easy to deal with them some times, but I hope things break your way soon.

I got your package of tobacco today. Many, many grateful thanks.