Update

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lori:
We hope that Tom is comfortable being at home with the family. Be sure to stick that Rad Davis Smooth Tomato pipe in his hand and let him have some fond memories of pleasure it gave through the years. We are keeping him dearly in our thoughts.

Marty

I too share the sentiment expressed so well by the Brothers above but am finding it hard to commit to writing.

You're going home for Christmas Tom. Surely there can be no better time or place to be together.

My warmest wishes to you all,

Stick.

:cry:

Very sorry to hear this, Tom, but I'm glad you'll be able to be home with your family. God bless you.

John

So very sorry to hear this latest development, but I'm so glad that Tom gets to come home to be with the family for Christmas. Warm wishes of peace and comfort this Christmas season.

Tom:  May you find some comfort as you are surrounded by your loved ones at home.  Please know that you have many brothers and sisters here who are sending well wishes for you and your family.  

I pray that whatever road the good Lord puts you on will be a gentle one to travel.

My heart goes out to him, and you, and the entirety of all his friends and family. Any other words just completely fail me at the moment.

Lori, our thoughts and prayers are with you, Tom, and the entire family.

Lori, I am a new member here at BoB and have never had the pleasure of exchanging words with Tom. I am deeply regretful of that. From what I have read, Tom is a wonderful human being and I know that he has many friends here. I have followed this thread since joining, but I have refrained from commenting on something so personal because I did not feel that it was my place as a "new guy". However, I would like to say that I admire Tom's strength as well as your own, and I very much appreciate your willingness to keep the guys here updated on Tom's status. I'm glad that Tom is home for the holidays and is with someone who cares as much as you obviously do.

Tom, I'm very sorry that we did not get the chance to make each other's acquaintance. The pleasure would have been all mine I'm sure.

I'm deeply saddened to hear this news Lori. Please know that I hope things go as smoothly as possible for you all. Let Tom know he is loved and missed here. I'm afraid that I'm truly at a loss for words of comfort.

All my best to you

Jim

Lori & Tom,
Thank you for keeping this extended family updated all this time. I am deeply saddened by the latest news, but am glad to hear Tom will be home among family and friends. Keep your spirits high and Godspeed to you and your family during the journey ahead.

With a heavy heart,
Chris

Hi everybody. Thanks so much for your comments. We spent the holidays at home with friends and family. Tom has been a remarkable patient always with a smile or laugh for everyone. He's sleeping more now from the medicine and we know he's slowly fading. We hope everyone had a safe, healthy and happy holiday and wish everyone a happy New Year. Thanks again for all your notes. Tom feels truly blessed to have so many friends and been able to meet so many wonderful people in his life. L&T

Lori, I appreciate the update.

Tom once took the time to pm me with info about his progress, and it was nothing but upbeat and positive. I formed the impression right away that he was a fighter and stoic. May he hold onto this.

I only regret never having the opportunity to meet him face to face and tell him how much I love him and his spirit. Please pass this along to him.

Cheers,

RR

Amen Brew... How the man could overlook his own suffering and take pity on me has always baffled my mind.. Just a completely over the top guy. I wish the world were full of people like him.

Ms Lori, it's completely unfair to ask of your time but if you find yourself with a free moment from time to time And could possibly update us we would be indebted to you. Tom matters to quite a few of us here. He has been a positive light to many. There's no need to tell you, but, He is a good man.

Lori,

Right now I can't express my thoughts any better than the two gents above.

Just to let you know you are all in my thoughts daily.

Warmest wishes,

Stick.

Hi everyone. We wanted to wish everyone a very happy New Year. Tom is currently at home and receiving his treatments along with meds to reduce the pain. His memory isn't so great so I will be his mouthpiece from now on. He wanted to thank everyone individually for your wonderful notes. Many of your thoughts brought a wonderful smile to his face and a gesture of approval. We've spent a great deal of time going through his bequests and desire to be compassionate even after his passing. We have a nephew who would like to inherit his pipe collection but if for some reason he doesn't want it, I will let our fellow brothers know and we'd be happy to get them to a BoB household. Thanks again for all your support. It is a wonderful testament to the love, compassion, and values of an extraordinary group of individuals. Our best wishes. L&T

Thank you for keeping us updated, Lori. Tom, truly, is a wonderful part of this community.

Should the nephew inherit, send him our way for proper mentoring and advice.

Lori, you are an amazing.

Thank you for sharing, and allowing us to be a part of these trying times. Tom, we never chatted, and I never had the pleasure of knowing you. All I can say, is the outpouring of support and love speak so much to the person you are. When the time comes, and you slip the mortal bonds, know this, you are loved.

Lori, mere words on computer screen are poor solace for what you are going through. All I can add is my heartfelt condolences, and know that we are all saddened by these events.

John

Hi Everyone- Thank you so much for all your wonderful messages of support. Tom surprisingly (and happily!) remains with us cheerful and upbeat as always. The doctors remain amazed at his ability to hang in there and his beautiful dignity and grace during these times. He wanted to make sure (and believe me - he made this clear in his own way!) I said hello and happy New Year to all of you and personally send his best to those who have been going through difficult times. He wanted me to make sure to send his/our most sincere condolences to Sloth and to check in on Puro's Mum and his own back condition. My apologies I haven't replied to individual emails/messages but please know they are greatly appreciated. Many thanks again from both of us. L&T