Vented "Cool" Pipe???

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heh heh! I just did a Google image search for Holy Smoke Pipe, to see if it was the pipe I thought I remembered seeing somewhere before. On the first page was my pic of thr Doodler I posted here, linked to this site. Directly below it was THIS PICTURE!! (I did the censorship. Sorry, guys.)

Holy smokes, indeed!

Fussing over a self-cooling pipe is the realm of zealous engineers. That's fine. I simply put my energy into figuring out to smoke the pipe cooler, slower, dryer and not worrying so much about keeping it lit. :mrgreen: I figure safety alerts/cameras/gps gimmicks in cars don't make me a better driver, so...same concept.

Those "pipe of the future" things are just about awful looking. I've never been a fan--fhey get posted here now and again by newer guys. I guess some gents swear by them, though. Less competition from me. *shrug*

Gives me more options to pipes I'm actually attracted to, when it comes down to it. 8)

Agreed Kyle, those future pipes are absolutely rediculous they look like something me and my friends would have built as teenagers to smoke other substances, but the concept of the body around the bowl is logical(but very ugly). I personally think pipes are too small to benefit from much fancy engineering, and I think the basic design has stayed consistent for centuries because it works.

On a side note George, that looks like the line up outside my bedroom door.

Heh. Figures. I find a pic of three nekkid ladies smoking pipes, and Kyle goes straight back to the topic.
Somewhere I saw an early 1900's patent drawing for some crazy pipe contraption that had a flexible hose running from the bowl down to a sort of condenser in a belt pouch, then back up to the stem.

:lol:

Weirdly the picture didn't show up until this morning... I was wondering what the heck you were talking about, the embed must have been broken when I responded last night.

Actually that picture is pretty rad, even if not titillating. :p

As for the "cool pipe" idea, pipes are indeed too small, with too many variables between combustion and smoker, and honestly with too much heat-to-mass ratio to really benefit from some small changes in design. The Porsche pipe being probably the only one that is somewhat viable, but I've yet to hear from someone rallying around them as the best smokers. *shrug* I only want one because they look kind of neat (the older, all-briar models rather than the briar/metal variant).

I am in the process of making a "Vented" pipe now, and it is going to be pretty cool. I'll be sure to post pics. I have a feeling about this one ;)