Wanted: Pics of Your Smoking Dens/Man Caves

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I currently live in an apartment, so no mancave as yet, I must smoke outside. Mrs Fox says we can't move to the desert... so I've been slowly moving it to me.

Blackhorse":vd0lg0kw said:
I haven't and I won't create my own place like the one shown in the link. But there are some things that strike a chord so deep that just have to be shared.  

When I was a kid in my teens my buddy and I used to climb up into the Douglas Firs on our property about a hundred feet and sit on the limbs and let the wind blow us around.  It really is a whole different world up there.  So the project shown in the link resonates with me.

MY man cave is about half done...an 8 X 8 platform roofed with polycarbonate roofing and walled on only one side.  The other 3 walls are done with blinds and tarps as they change with the seasons.  Very open air.  But the one  below speaks for itself.  Special.

http://www.leevalley.com/us/newsletters/Woodworking/7/2/article1.htm

:shock: WOW :drool:  

Seeing all these pics is not good. Now I have to figure out how to have a spinning studio (wool, not bicycle) AND a smoking room...I wonder if I can send the five year old off to college with his sister next year?

Briarbabe":adaw9agp said:
Seeing all these pics is not good. Now I have to figure out how to have a spinning studio (wool, not bicycle) AND a smoking room...I wonder if I can send the five year old off to college with his sister next year?
Simple do both in the same room and sell pipe smokers cardigan sweaters :p BTW if you should need a spinning wheel The lady that has the farm I work on may have 1 for sale.

Cuervo25_1 said:
Briarbabe":fajkxo32 said:
Simple do both in the same room and sell pipe smokers cardigan sweaters :pBTW if you should need a spinning wheel The lady that has the farm I work on may have 1 for sale.
[/quote

Pffft, I need another wheel like I need another hole in the head...what is it and how much? I'm kidding!...sort of.

I smoke outside.  Of course the weather is nearly perfect year 'round.  This is my view every night:
1ad7daa12a302d69a2d377df314e22f3.jpg

Looking the other direction toward the bar and pool:
85a0cdbf8e8b4e9c74788bbef6faf014.jpg

During the day:
ab413f9a2d3e2b14adc696ce864a069e.jpg

Well, Here's some really poor photos of the room I keep my pipes in.
And really it just of the pipes and you really can't see them well.
Reckon I'm only good at close ups.

I'm ashamed of you Cart. Just look at all those empty places in those pipe racks. Tsk, tsk.  ;) 

Ocelot55":fzv4l3eh said:
I'm ashamed of you Cart. Just look at all those empty places in those pipe racks. Tsk, tsk.  ;) 
Okay I know but, in my defense, I just finished making a new rack and sold off some pipes so give me the benefit of the doubt at least.

I had your address at one time, Ron.  How's the security there?  Goin' out of town anytime soon?  Just curious.

Your pal, Rick

My security is a .45 Colt and a sawed off shotgun and I hardly ever leave home and, I'm always open to greeting uninvited visitors sir.

I have personally seen Ron's collection. It is much more impressive in person. I wouldn't want to go there without letting him know first, though. LOL

I don't have a smoking cave yet, but I am working on an idea.... *my brain is a bit slow at the moment*

Thanks to the wonderful guys of the bombing squadron, I was bombarded this weekend.  This forced me to have to re-arrange my cellar.  I still have to catalog and finish putting all the baccy in jars, but this is what I have so far.  My bookshelf is a 5- shelf 6'2" unit.  I am in the process of cleaning off the remaining 2 shelves for more jars.  I also have a wall mounted 12 pipe rack that is full, not shown here.

20140831_181238-M.jpg
" />

Maybe this belongs here. I'm not sure if I've posted it before. If I have, you don't have to watch it again.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PbsS-t8fi98" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>