Wanted: Pics of Your Smoking Dens/Man Caves

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a 1964 26ft Airstream Land yacht . last year, it was used by a vender at flea markets etc he sold t shirts socks and things like that he removed all the interior , I updated the bearings wheels tires and brakes and right now all I have in there is a desk, am/fm cd player interior lights are 12 volt. interior is solid white and I replace the sub floor and getting ready to paint that, I tried to post a picture from photo bucket but I couldnt but the way I understand it I have to be a member for 30 days and I just joined, Im a fly tyer too , so its my Pipe smoking Fly tying man cave, wife calls it my man can.

Maynard58":oh9u5t4x said:
I bought a 1964 26ft Airstream Land yacht . last year, it was used by a vender at flea markets etc he sold t shirts socks and things like that he removed all the interior , I updated the bearings wheels tires and brakes and right now all I have in there is a desk, am/fm cd player interior lights are 12 volt. interior is solid white and I replace the sub floor and getting ready to paint that, I tried to post a picture from photo bucket but I couldnt but the way I understand it I have to be a member for 30 days and I just joined, Im a fly tyer too , so its my Pipe smoking Fly tying man cave, wife calls it my man can.
Women just don't get it do they, my 36 year old daughter still calls my shop a shed. :fpalm:

Cartaphilus":b7npqo1c said:
Maynard58":b7npqo1c said:
Women just don't get it do they, my 36 year old daughter still calls my shop a shed. :fpalm:
I call it "my house" because, well, it's where I live. Guy that loaned it to me says it's a '58 or '59.

George Kaplan":f80mpx73 said:
Cartaphilus":f80mpx73 said:
Maynard58":f80mpx73 said:
I call it "my house" because, well, it's where I live. Guy that loaned it to me says it's a '58 or '59.

Yeah but, Airstreams are sweet George, the older the better.

Cartaphilus":mtgqi9l5 said:
Yeah but, Airstreams are sweet George, the older the better.
I've got no complaints. Mine's still got the original interior, in pretty good shape. Stove's a little dodgey, but I do most of my cooking outside. A few bullet holes, and the tires are flat; other than that, it's perfect. Had to move out of it last winter, though, when the snow was up over the tops of the windows.

if you want it to last you need to get it up off the ground. 6 concrete post then rent a guy and his large forklift and he can set it up easy.

This thread just makes me drool. With my youngest still at home I have not gotten my man cave yet. As soon as she is out the door the remodel starts!!! The ciunt down is on for Augest of this year!!! LOL

Bumpity bump

2004-Oldsmobile-Alero.jpg

This is where I do my smoking during the winter.  Live in an apartment with 2 kiddo's so smoking I inside is verboten by the misses. :D

BTW I would welcome a resize from the mods, I don't know how :cry:

Don't know why, but it seems like each forum has a completely different way of postin pics.

Let's see if I can do it here. ;)

Staircase up to the mancave, or as my neighbor calls it... Stairway to Heaven. :)

Top of the stairs

Getting ready for poker game last month

Some of the stable

Next in line for refurb

Poboys refurb center

Evolution of the cellar

So bright and shiny! Great digs for the man cave. Mine looks like a bunker, concrete walls, ceiling and floor.

Wiz,

your comment got me to thinking about sitting up in the mancave last month when a thunderstorm blew through.

It was great, I had the blinds open and the windows opened up a little, got some great cool breezes and the great sound of the rain.

About an hour in we had a power hit. So, I found my way downstairs and abducted one of my Blonds candels. :)