Washington DC

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irene Adler

Reaction score
In a week and a half I will be leaving to spend my spring break in Washington D.C. I thought, before I leave, I should ask you gentlemen what would be the most worth my while to visit.

=)

Draper's Tobacco, 640 West 14th Street, not far from the White House. Other than pipe shops......The Smithsonian. Museums of Natural and American History.Both Air and Space Museums (downtown and out by Dulles). Jefferson Memorial (you're a little early for the cherry blossoms, but the trees should still be pretty). Arlington Cemetary. Old Town Arlington. Mount Vernon. Lots of neat restaurants (don't miss the ones near the Tidal Basin), coffee houses, bistros and bars. Get a Metro map and schedule; you can get most anywhere on the Metro. Cabs aren't too expensive, especially if sharing. Might add that Georgetown Tobacco is in "Foggy Bottom," a neat neighborhood to visit. Take good, comfortable walking shoes!! Have a great trip :cheers: FTRPLT

All those places, plus, with your music skills, you need to go to Kennedy Center.

I'd take a look at the Washington Post online to see what concerts and such are going on. There is some truly superb music made in DC.

Then, have a bowl or 3 somewhere :)

Many, many great, free museums, and the main metro station, and the mall, and the Vietnam Memorial wall, and sunrise over the reflecting pool, and a hike in the woods around Dunbarton Oaks (make sure and feed the raccoons for me), and the zoo, and then back to the dozens and dozens of museums.

Natch