Watches

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A lot has happened the last couple weeks. I've ditched the Citizen idea, as well as the Longines (one day...). I've still got a hankering for a diver, but also now want an aviator. Thanks Mo :roll: :p 

I decided on a Stowa Flieger, in particular, the date/no logo version. The wait is long, until mid-June, so I guess I'll live with it. I don't have to pay right away since it's back-ordered, so this will give me time to talk to the wife... :twisted:

...I ordered it. Here's what it looks like:

Flieger-o-Logo-m-Datum-4.jpg" style="width: 320px;height: 320px

I figured I might as well spring for the side engraving too.
1345022050-19098.jpg" style="width: 300px;height: 300px

But, I just couldn't resist, seeing that the particular diver I had my eyes on, the Steinhart Ocean 1 Black, is supposedly in stock (at least it doesn't say it's sold out). I sprung for the ceramic bezel too.

Here's what that looks like:

610023722ocean_blk_01.jpg

I think I did good, all in all. I'll update when they come in!

Your Stienhart Diver is a nice copy of the Rolex Submariner! Is it a quartz  movement or automatic ? Which movement does it have in it?  That Stowa is a classic and it has a long history back to the WW II German Luftwaff ! Some nice classic watches there !!  :twisted:

And so it begins Josh...so it begins!  I have heard a lot of feed back on the diver and all of it good!  Enjoy those watches - you snagged some really good ones!  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:

Update: Still waiting on the Steinhart diver. The ceramic bezels are apparently back-ordered.

I also sent payment for the Stowa. I changed up the model I wanted, choosing instead the Marine Auto with date & A10 movement, thus also coming with silver dial & brushed SS case. I also opted for the blue crocodile strap instead of the stand black/brown/tan offerings. No additional charge, but apparently a minor wait associated with any croco straps due to exotic leather controls in Germany/US export.

Here it is with a black croco strap for reference:
MarineSilberDatA10_Croschw_.jpg" style="width: 600px;height: 600px

The A10 movement from the back of another model, the Antea:
Antea_390_A10_R_ck_800.jpg" style="width: 600px;height: 600px

Something to look forward to in a couple weeks! :face: 

A classic German mil dial and one that you should enjoy for the rest of your life !! And the croc strap just adds class! Get a "butterfly" twin button deployment clasp and the strap will last longer !! As thay say, ya done good guy !!  :twisted: :twisted:

What should appear this past Monday but a Flieger new, unworn, but not what the seller wanted after. It's got the top ETA 2824-2 movement. :drunken:

Bought it and received it today.

I have a watch! :cheers: Too bad the strap is a little too short. I ordered some NATO straps anyway, so that's where this'll be sitting on until I can find a good leather one. Have a couple in mind from Hadley-Roma....:study: 

The Steinhart & other Stowa are still pending though... :face: 

I have owned a Rolex Sea-Dweller, an Ebel, and my one-time boss had a Piaget. They were all pains in the butt, the Piaget especially, which was by far the most expensive. Strictly a run-of-the-mill quartz fan now--Citizen, Seiko, whatever. They don't seem to ever have any "problems," and keep better time than the three mentioned. But they shore were purty; each to his own, just like pipes and tobacco--and women.

It's been about 5 days now. I've been resetting the time to the second every day around mid-morning. The hacking seconds feature is a nice one for a watch that runs fast. I've been changing out the NATO straps and have a leather Panatime pilot one coming later this week. I've gotten lots of compliments on it and I've spent a lot of time (pun intended) just staring at the dial.

AND, this morning I got a lovely email confirming my other Stowa--Marine Auto with croco band--has shipped! It'll also be here Thursday, barring any delays. :cheers:

A guy could get used to this....

Cartaphilus":5tbaclqd said:
Real Men wear these!

With all those pine trees you have over there in East Texas, how can you see the sun to tell the time?  :twisted: :twisted: 

monbla256":q2w27p7c said:
Cartaphilus":q2w27p7c said:
Real Men wear these!

With all those pine trees you have over there in East Texas, how can you see the sun to tell the time?  :twisted: :twisted: 
Pine trees and Pastures sir, and yes when I stand in the pasture. ;) 

Apparently I confused my wife when I said I was still waiting on the watches I ordered and already received 1. :roll:

I explained about ebay and online ordering; she explained up the backside of my head. Then she said, "You spend too much on yourself. Fine, then that can be your early anniversary present. I'm getting pearls." I don't see a problem with this.

Got the wife what she wanted, got what I wanted!
SANDCASTLES.png

Sounds like it's TIME - heh - to hang out with your woman and / or not spend on yourself

Key words.. Panatime, Hadley-Roma, NATO, ETA... Man you are way more hooked then you realize!