Weird difference in forum engagement

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WarneOut

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
At this moment in time, there are 4 members online and 213 guests. Seems like a ratio of guests far outstripping members is pretty typical here.

For comparison I just checked PSD, and they have 35 members online and 31 guests. From the times I've glanced over there, about a 1 : 1 ratio seems normal.

From this data, I'd guess BoB pages pop up more on Google searches, but everybody runs to other forums for membership?

Anybody have any theories on why that might be?

If this site is more google/bing able, it's likely a whole lotta bots getting attracted to the light. The path of least resistance etc.

It looks like the bots are not part of the Guest total. I just went through and counted.

One explanation to the weird behavior might be that each "Guest" consists of a page hit by a non-member, so if one non-member were to go through and read posts on 20 different threads, that would count as 20 Guests. That's what it looks like to me.

Yeah Warney I always wonder the same. But when I look at this site on my playstation not logged in the messages are blanked out so you would have to be a member to read most the post? Is this correct mods?
Either way sell your frilly underwear you lurkers and join us hahaha

Last edited:
I blame the russians! Hahahah
Yeah Warney I always wonder the same. But when I look at this site on my playstation not logged in the messages are blanked out so you would have to be a member to read most the post? Is this correct mods?
Either way sell your frilly underwear you lurkers and join us hahaha

No clue as to your query re PS & logged vs unlogged whatever it is. Many details in how the OS plays out in the field are unknown since the big change. Angie might know, but as it could well be something on the PS side of things, it might be unknowable. Spooky, eh?