What a difference a variable or two can make!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Behike54

Reaction score
Well, today was one of those awakenings where a light bulb just goes off.

I felt like I never really experience what others have said about a typical (or even remotely typical) Va or Vaper experience. Today I realized it could have been the wrong pipe or what I smoked before, or both.

I loaded my new Quagliata with some Limerick and BLAMO! Great flavors, superb burn, and that med/med-small bowl last a long-ass time. When the planets align, the results can be pretty inspiring.

Coming from cigars, I tended to load my menu, softer/lighter smokes to more heavier/bigger ones.

I assumed that an aro would be lighter than a Va, so I would smoke that first. In retrospect and the characteristics of Virginias, it is a cleaner, brighter, and complex smoke, all those qualities were either diminished or obliterated by what I smoked before. Throw in a quality pipe in a size conducive to burning flake tobacco and HOLY COW! I felt like I was finally cooking with gas, if that makes any sense?

That Quagliata was such a great investment and value and will be delegated to Va/Vapers. (Limerick only has 5% perique but I think it adds body and structure, as opposed to augmenting the flavors. I am sure my thoughts might change with more bowls of the Limerick, but my main point is that variables are great when things come together for a great smoke. It's a journey alright! :cheers:

A post like this just makes me all the more excited to try the Va that I have been waiting for the right weather to enjoy.

Good on you man.

Fantastic! It's a great thing when the stars align. :cheers:

UberHuberMan":wqztj75o said:
Except, of course, when it's December 21 of this year, when the entire universe is going to break into a galactic Mayan bunny-hop of death! :lol: :roll:

Out of curiosity, what was your mood when you sat down to smoked this bowl? I find that the pipe and tobacco have to work together, but often my emotional state as I lite is also an important intangible in the equation.

Natch

Natch, funny you bring that up.

I partially gauge how much I like a particular tobacco depending on how capable it is at shoving a bad mood back into the darkness from whence it came.

8)

Natch":m7fmqmpu said:
UberHuberMan":m7fmqmpu said:

Out of curiosity, what was your mood when you sat down to smoked this bowl? I find that the pipe and tobacco have to work together, but often my emotional state as I lite is also an important intangible in the equation.

Natch

A little anxious. First time smoking a premium pipe and, as I mentioned, I tried to alter the order in which I smoked. If the pipe and tobacco didn't work, I was gonna be bummed.

It was EPIC!

Kyle, I agree with you about being able to transcend or push back something that was "bringing me down, menge!"

Like that elusive "perfect" golf shot or day when you are the only guy in the boat pullin' in fish, the pipe's "Ah-Ha" moments are what keep us coming back!

Natch":d167wxl1 said:
UberHuberMan":d167wxl1 said:
Except, of course, when it's December 21 of this year, when the entire universe is going to break into a galactic Mayan bunny-hop of death! :lol: :roll:

Natch
Well, if the 2012 Mayan Prophecy comes to pass I'll have the best seat in the house to experience it! :lol!:

I find that indeed my emotional state is a definite factor in the enjoyment. If I've got a lot on my mind, anxious, or my head is "squirrely" even the perfect pipe/tobacco combination is not as good. I think part of the enjoyment is being "there" to experience it in all regards. The pipe moments can help me get back to a more peaceful centered state at times too. Knowing this about myself means that the "special" tobaccos only come out when I'm in the state of mind to really experience it. I know it sounds a little esoteric to some, maybe, but to me it makes a huge difference. ;)